Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Patience in the Midths of Discouragement
9/3/2009 5:17:42 PM
“You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. For in just a very little while, ‘He who is coming will come and will not delay’” (Hebrews 10:36–37 NIV).

If you’re discouraged because of God’s delay in answering your prayers, understand the delay is not a denial. Just because the answer or the miracle hasn’t come—yet—that doesn’t mean God isn’t going to answer, or that he’s forgotten you, or that he doesn’t care about you. It simply means “not yet!”

Spiritual maturity is knowing the difference between “No” and “Not yet,” between a denial and a delay. The Bible tells us, “He who is coming will come and will not delay” (Hebrews 10:37 NIV).

The delay may be a test of your patience. Anybody can be patient once. And, anybody can be patient twice. And, just about anybody can be patient three times. So God tests you patience over and over and over.

Why? To see how patient you are?

No, he does it to show you how patient you are. So you’ll know what’s inside of you, and you’ll be able to know your level of commitment. God tests you so that you can know he is faithful, even if the answers you seek are delayed.

If you’re discouraged, turn it around by remembering God teaches you patience during delay. Ask him to transform your discouragement into patience.

You may be going through difficult times right now and feel like dropping off the planet. You’re discouraged because the situation you face seems unmanageable, unreasonable, or unfair.

It may seem unbearable and inside you’re basically saying, “God, I can’t take it anymore. I just can’t take it anymore!”

But you can.

You can stay with it longer because God is with you. He’ll enable you to press on. Remember, you are never a failure until you quit.

Don’t quit. Resist discouragement and finish the race God has set before you. 

I want to thank the members who have been there for me just as God is...but with God you kinda have to figure out what he wants from you hehe. 

Love- Thomas   :)

AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Patience in the Midths of Discouragement
9/3/2009 5:28:12 PM

<< but with God you kinda have to figure out what he wants from you >>

Hi Thomas,

God wants us to be ourselves.  He created us all as individuals and the tests He throws at us are tests directed toward our individualism, to be solved in the way that only ourself can solve that test.  Don't try to figure things out or solve a problem in any other way than just by being yourself.

If a problem is thrown at a person with compassion and kindness, that's how it's to be solved.  If it's thrown at someone stubborn and unbending, that's how it's to be solved, if it's thrown at someone living in a pink candy cloud, that's how it's to be solved.

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/3/2009 5:30:42 PM

I should clarify that, we're not all just 1 personality trait, we can get thru God's tests by using everything we've got, hopefully not all stubborness or not all pink fluffiness, but a combination of all our strengths and compassion.

+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/3/2009 5:53:57 PM

Thanks Kathy for your contribution... my last statement in (Kinda) figure out what God wants was just my funny sence of humor. I get my courage and my influences from God just by reading his Book, each day is different so each scripture applies differently- as- well as depending- on what is happening at the time. God will never change but his family strives to do his or her best daily, we are not perfect as you can tell, theres a lot of flaws in me but i only depend on him only (singular) to get me through... and if a friend or two just happends to be there to help me along my path? who am i to neglect them and there comfort.  You see where im coming from now? Have an awesome day Kathy no matter what your doing. God is with you too!

AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/3/2009 8:16:58 PM

Be patient like Job !!   Now HE had patience.

Pat

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!