Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Money--Tend It Well
12/9/2005 12:58:41 AM
Hello Friends, With your indulgence, I'd like to explore my theories about energy and money, or more specifically about how money IS energy. Maybe some of you will consent to enter a dialog to help me clarify my thoughts. I've been told that money is energy, and I've worked it out for myself like this: Money represents the physical energy we expend to acquire the necessities and niceties of life. It is also energy in the metaphysical sense, representing the abundance that is the natural state of everyone and everything in the Universe. In pre-historic times, human beings of necessity expended physical energy to hunt, gather and prepare food, to provide shelter for themselves, to attempt to understand the world around them. Some, maybe most, instinctively understood something about what I'll call psychic energy, the energy of thoughts or consciousness. They believed that all the physical reality around them was somehow connected to that energy. Amazingly enough, after centuries and eons of "progress" we are again remembering what we once knew. What does that have to do with money? Bear with me... As civilization evolved, more and more wealth was manifested. Where once every human being was daily involved in the physical labor of staying alive, now there was plenty. I'm skipping over the centuries of barter trade here, to the times when money became a symbol of the fruit of our labor, and began to change hands in lieu of the actual goods it represented. I'm also of course glossing over the fact that some had/have more than plenty while others had/have too little. That would require a forum of it’s own! Still, wealth in the form of abundance--more than enough of everything--was manifested. Today, most of us daily experience what would once have been considered miraculous wealth. Most of us have more than adequate shelter, clothing, gadgets undreamed of even 100 years ago. And the food! We are now killing ourselves with that abundance. To be sure, some have not enough, and that is partially a distribution problem. Easily solved if we would but turn our minds to it. So why is it that many of us continually bemoan our lack? Speaking as one who has only recently discovered the insights around energy, I think it's because we don't understand that money is energy. We have succumbed to a covetousness of the money itself rather than appreciating the abundance and energy that it represents. We are paying more attention to what we don't have than to appreciating what we do have. I believe that in order to fully show appreciation for anything we have, even fleetingly, it is our responsibility to care for it. For example, if you appreciate having a car, and want your car to continue to run well so that it fulfills your need of it, you must give it regular maintenance. If you cultivate a garden, weeds will soon overtake it if you don't care for it on a regular basis. For that reason, I subscribe to the notion that we should take care of our money. By that I mean, use it according to our own values. My values have always been responsibility toward my monetary obligations (bills, repayment of debt, providing for my own needs, etc.). I also appreciate most of the services my governments provide and am content, if not happy, to pay my fair share of taxes to support those services. I interpret my fair share to be the legal minimum as set out in the tax codes of my federal and state governments. Recently I discovered the principle of giving and receiving in a very personal way and added this to my values. It was upon this discovery that I realized that I, along with everyone else, deserve abundance in this as in anything else. And, like an abundant harvest from a well-tended garden, I expect and anticipate an abundant harvest of this energy we call money based on my adherence to the natural laws of energy, attraction, giving and receiving, call it what you will. AND from tending it well. Not in the sense of hoarding and glorifying it, but in the sense of using it well. Sharing the abundance. Sending an appropriate amount out into the world to propagate more. Setting aside an appropriate amount to take care of present and future needs. Being attentive to prevent waste. I believe that neglect or downright refusal to tend it--for whatever reason, usually a negative relationship with it--can and often does lead to withdrawal of the energy. A negative relationship with money can block the flow of abundance, there’s no doubt. Worrying every moment about whether there’s enough will get you more not-enough. I know; I’ve been there. By tending it, I don’t mean worrying about it. When you tend a garden, you nurture the plants you want, remove the weeds, and feed the soil. Every successful gardener I’ve ever known has loved the garden, the plants, the time spent connected intimately with nature. I love to run my fingers through freshly cultivated soil and physically connect with my garden. It’s the same with money: nurture the abundance, remove the waste, and feed the flow by being grateful for it. Enjoy it for the good it can do and the fun you can have with it. I have a friend who appreciated a windfall of $3000 by accepting it in $1 bills, spreading it on her bed and rolling in it. How much fun is that? I've had my say, now it's your turn. What do you think? Cheri
+0
Re: Money--Tend It Well
12/13/2005 11:56:48 AM
Very nice Cheri You are seeing much. yes of course money is energy as is everything. tending it is as tending the flowers in your garden; your garden of life. You have opened yet another great conversation and I thank you. Thomass
In Much Graditude and Love Namaste OWN A PIECE OF A LARGE INTERNET COMPANY FOR FREE: http://taketheinternetback.com/index.php?refld=1642 OWN THE INTERNET FOR FREE-Its that simple: http://www.agloco.com/r/BBBB8111 To See My Art Work & Poetry Writi
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
12/13/2005 7:43:05 PM
Thomass!!! Good to see you here! I've missed you. I hope this holiday season is finding you well, happy and prosperous. Cheri
+0
Linda Miller

3429 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
12/21/2005 12:25:37 AM
Hi Cheri, I just noticed the link to this forum in your signature at another forum. I loved what you have to say about the energy of money. Have you put into article format and posted it at article sites? That would be a good marketing tool for you!
Help us spread the message to the world... http://www.themessage2000.com/messengers/lindamiller Linda Miller 828-652-4714 Nebo, North Carolina
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
12/21/2005 12:59:44 AM
Hi, Linda, glad you dropped by. Well, I've thought about doing that, and will eventually. I'm sort of putting all promotion on the back burner until my site redesign is complete. Linda Caroll is working on that for me, and I think it's spectacular so far. I may be a little prejudiced, lol. I appreciate your comments. Still feeling my way toward this subject, and I find it enlightening to ponder as I write. I find my thinking is more organized that way. It's good to have validation from you especially. My friend Thomass also has a deep understanding of energy. Now if Kris would show up and offer his thoughts, I'd feel I had the full spectrum. Cheri
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!