Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Linda Miller

3429 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Are you frightened of making mistakes?
12/5/2005 12:02:41 AM
Hi everyone, A wonderful messagse from one of my favorite mentors. Be sure to subscribe to his free e-course at the end: Are you frightened of making mistakes? Many people are, not only people, but also sometimes governments. Some time ago I read that the government of Uganda had given up broadcasting weather forecasts. It seemed that the African native listeners heard the broadcasts and assumed that these were government edicts and that the weather would conform. When they discovered that the weather forecast was wrong, they blamed the government, and thereby began to disbelieve everything else that the radio station sent out, saying that the whole thing is a pack of lies, just like the weather. The Uganda Government had a simple way out. They simply stopped giving out broadcasts on the weather. But I question whether this was really the right or the best solution, don’t you? What is the point of discontinuing activity just because we make a mistake? We wouldn’t get anywhere, would we, if everything we attempted and failed at, we discontinued? Supposing as a small child, the first time you toppled forward and fell down, you quit and said, “Well that’s a failure. It’s not going to work.” You wouldn’t have led much of a life would you? Supposing that the first time that you’d ever made an error in a simple arithmetic problem, you’d quit completely. You’d never be able to change money or go shopping or do anything, would you? It seems to me that making mistakes is an essential part of growing and, if we avoid doing something because of the fear of making a mistake we, deprive ourselves of all that is good in growth and in life. Now, of course, you could project this argument into absurdity. You could do so by saying that if we learn from our mistakes, then let’s make more mistakes, because the more mistakes we make, the more we will learn. I’m not suggesting this extension of the argument; I’m merely saying that to use the possibility of making a mistake as an excuse for not having what you want is simply ignorance. Whatever mistakes you have made in the past have been a vital part of your education and simply means that you should dust yourself off and begin again; not just quit and give up because you made a mistake and because it doesn’t work. Every mistake that you ever made in your whole life has led to your current state of understanding. Bless your mistakes, give thanks to them, dust yourself off and go on again. You will doubtless make more mistakes, but you will learn from every single one and no mistake is ever fatal unless you make it so. -------- This is from 50 Ideas That Can Change Your Life by Dr. Robert Anthony. You can order his free 6 day e-course, The Million Dollar Secret That Can Change Your Life
Help us spread the message to the world... http://www.themessage2000.com/messengers/lindamiller Linda Miller 828-652-4714 Nebo, North Carolina
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!