Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Doug Woodall

199 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Got Scottrade ?
12/4/2005 9:20:44 PM
Got Scottrade ? Hackers reveal 140,000 customers id's An Internet hacker might have gained access to personal and financial data of about 140,000 customers of Scottrade Inc., a stock brokerage based in St. Louis County. Scottrade said Tuesday that the breach involved the company's eCheck Secure service, which allowed customers to electronically shift funds to their Scottrade accounts from their banks. Possible exposed information included names, birth dates, drivers license numbers, phone numbers, bank names, bank routing numbers, bank account numbers and Scottrade account numbers. The eCheck service was provided by Scottrade through a third party, Troy Group Inc. of Santa Ana, Calif. Troy, which offers eCheck to several financial-services companies, publicly reported the breach on Oct. 25 and notified Scottrade the same day.
Doug Woodall SpywareBiz,,,We take the Spy out of Spyware! http://www.spywarebiz.com Providing Free Information and Recommended Products to Combat Spyware.
+0
Re: Got Scottrade ?
12/5/2005 5:27:55 AM
Now that is scary! This is one of the reasons why some people still will not use the internet for any financial transactions. I would like to suggest that anybody who thinks they might have had their information compromised should join one of those credit monitoring services. This way you will know if someone starts using your credit history and you can take early action to stop them.
+0
Doug Woodall

199 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Got Scottrade ?
12/5/2005 10:56:35 AM
Hi Arthur, The Major Credit Reporting Agencies do allow you do get a free Credit Monitoring service for 1 year if this happens to you. They are all being swamped though by all the Id thefts that are happening. Take care,
Doug Woodall SpywareBiz,,,We take the Spy out of Spyware! http://www.spywarebiz.com Providing Free Information and Recommended Products to Combat Spyware.
+0