Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Linda Miller

3429 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Let's talk about signatures!
11/30/2005 12:05:36 PM
Hi everyone, I posted an earlier thread today about messages that include only 2 lines of actual message and 40 lines of advertisement. Let's talk about signature blocks. What makes YOU want to click on a something in another member's signature block? Do you click when you see 3 or 4 URLs run together so closely that you cannot even tell what they say? Do you click when a signature has URLs that don't make any sense - like an affiliate link with a bunch of numbers and question marks? I know I don't. I don't even see them anymore. What does get your attention? What gets my attention is a quick phrase or sentence that entices me to want to know more - or offers me something free that will benefit me personally. Most of the signatures I see here are just affiliate links - and who do you think is paying attention? Do you all know how to use html to disguise the affiliate links? If you can do that, your reader will then read only what you want them to know and they will not be distracted by all the extra characters in an affiliate link. If you don't know how to do that, post a reply here and I will help you with the code that I know... and I am sure there are others here who can also help. Most of you know that the signature here at Adlandpro is created through the "Personal" section of the Account Setup. You can revise and update it any time. Again, most of you probably know this, but I am new here, so I have recently learned that when I change my signature it changes in every current and PREVIOUS message I have posted. So, what better way to advertise than to have an attractive curiosity creating signature - that makes people want to click - in ALL of your past and present posts? So, let's see some creative signatures and see if that makes a difference in the responses you get!
Help us spread the message to the world... http://www.themessage2000.com/messengers/lindamiller Linda Miller 828-652-4714 Nebo, North Carolina
+0
Re: Let's talk about signatures!
11/30/2005 12:23:42 PM
Good Topic and good post. But most here on Adlandpro are not really looking to become customers or get products. Yes, you will get some business, but the community is very varied into small niches. Putting your signature into the proper lingo and hiding affiliate might make some click the links, but my experience tells me that this is not the buying crowd. So I don't think that it makes too much of a difference if you change the way your signature is poised. Also of note: Sometimes if you parse your links into a statement, it sometimes gets messed up within the system, that is why I just put the links in as is.
Nap Jones

Stop working for pennies and cents and move up to real good commissions http://www.commissionriver.com/publisher_signup.html?crid=10969
+0
Paul Davey

488 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/30/2005 12:34:21 PM
Hi Linda, Yes you are right in what you say and also so is Napoleon. To be honest I have never thought about it before (well not here at Adland). Thank you for the insight. Paul aka soldier blue
PAUL DAVEY aka Soldier Blue This is What all Clever Adlanders are doing now. You need to take a serious look at this.. We provide traders a simple, easy to follow binary option signal service that can be used with Nadex FREE TRAINING for the novice, easy to follow methods for winning trading binary options. So if you are learning trading or just want a reliable source of signals check us out.
+0
11/30/2005 12:44:10 PM
Good post Linda. I have to say I never have used this kind of signature eighter, but after a while some friends told me that You must use the free space You have under Your signature, so I started doing that too - but needed help to find out where (first :-) ) As my Signature use to look like this: Best regards Arild Haukeland Salesdirector/Partner Glenn Healthcare International Ltd Mobile:......... as in every serious e-mailsystems, I do not see the big problem with this, but can understand that some have diff about it. You have 2 links, some have 6 - but those who use 40 lines is more a problem I believe - or what do You mean about that? Best regads Arild
+0
Rudy Hiebert(rudyhiebert.myamsoil.c

1086 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/30/2005 1:02:40 PM
Love you for starting this topic. To start with, I do not regard using disguise as a marketing tool. Nothing is to be gained by keeping the tainted facts hidden. I will do my darndest to insure information is available for people to evaluate anything the link will lead them to. Some creative signatures I've contemplated for mine are: "Need For Speed?", "Air Filter That Goes 100,000 miles or 4 years", "You Are Paying Too Much For Car Care", "Superior Synthetic Sensible Auto Lubricants". These might look like blatant advertising to some, therefore the search will never end to find the right one.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!