Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Healthy use of left over Turkey
11/25/2005 11:06:55 AM
David likes to promote items for healthy lives, so I am using his forum to ask that you all share your ideas. What to do with left over turkey?? Turkey is a healthy meat that is low in fat and can be mixed with so many other good foods. When you are done with all the meat. Boil the bones with celery, onions and carrot to make a delicious broth. Strain add your favoirte combinations. Add spaghetti broken, or any other dry pasta products to any combination of vegetables. Freeze in small containers for future use and you have a delicious soup. Who said you have to have a receipe. A container of turkey broth can be used in any receipe to substitute for chicken. Waste not---want not!!!! If you do have a good receipe. Please share with all of us at your Adlandland internet advertising spot!!!
+0
Re: Healthy use of left over Turkey
12/1/2005 8:23:17 AM
Great idea Mary! Thank you :-) We do these things also. We like to get the meat off the bones even before dinner within 1/2 hr of coming out of the oven. Then putting the meat up after dinner is easier. We put it in baggies and freeze some It can keep that way for months.
DrDA Detox and Heal
435-616-5480 - dblack@dbresearchlc.com
Hello Healthy
No Stress
+0
Kathy Clark

172 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Healthy use of left over Turkey
12/7/2005 12:57:09 AM
We celebrated Thanksgiving this year with friends at their home in TN. It was great fun, great food, and fellowship. However, we didn't end up with any left-overs, which I think is the best part of Thanksgiving. So, for Christmas, my husband and I are going to cook a Turkey and all the trimmings. I love to take the meat off the bones and separate the white meat and the dark meat. We store it in plastic bags (plastic might not be the best thing, tho)and make Turkey sandwiches. Yum. Then we will put some in the freezer for future meals. It is always good to be careful with Turkey or any meats. Get it off the bones as soon as possible. Refrigerate as soon as the meal is over. Be safe and enjoy. I think I will try the above recipe or suggestion for Turkey bone soup. So many tell me it is the thing to do.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!