Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Linda Miller

3429 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
A Real Thanksgiving
11/23/2005 6:13:18 PM
Hello friends, Tomorrow is one of the most special days of the year. We will be having our grown children over for breakfast - and then we will be having friends over for Thanksgiving dinner. My husband cooks a wonderful turkey (he uses a bag!) and my friends and I will prepare all the wonderful trimmings to with with it. Yum! I hope that you also have plans to enjoy your family and friends on this special holiday. And have fun shopping all your Friday shoppers! (I am not one of them!) I received this special Thanksgiving message from one of the companies I represent - and I would like to share it with you also. A Real Thanksgiving What is Thanksgiving Day to you? Is it just a great excuse to make and enjoy an excellent meal with family and friends, or is it truly a day of giving thanks as its name states? The media is filled with suggestions on how to “make this Thanksgiving matter,” or how to “remember the true meaning of Thanksgiving.” There are lists of helpful ideas, from offering appreciations to one another at the dinner table to constructing “thank you-trees” out of poster board and attaching slips of paper “leaves” stating all the things you are thankful for. These are wonderful ideas, and we encourage you wholeheartedly to Practice Gratitude this week in whatever ways you and your family enjoy. But remember this: Offering real thanks – to one another and to God – comes from a deeper place. No matter what your traditions are, take time by yourself this week and really put thought into your blessings. Let yourself relax, forget about the cooking and cleaning, and breathe deeply as you ponder all that God has given you. And when the family comes crashing in for dinner and football, greet them all with a hug that lingers just a little longer than normal, and whisper to them quietly how much you love them, how much you appreciate them, and how much you care. ________ Many blessings to you and your family this Thanksgiving holiday weekend.
Help us spread the message to the world... http://www.themessage2000.com/messengers/lindamiller Linda Miller 828-652-4714 Nebo, North Carolina
+0
Re: A Real Thanksgiving
11/23/2005 6:48:16 PM
Thanks Linda! I believe one of the best ways to add meaning to ThanksGiving is to be thankful and giving all year round. Happy Thanksgiving to all! Happy Holidays to all! :-)
DrDA Detox and Heal
435-616-5480 - dblack@dbresearchlc.com
Hello Healthy
No Stress
+0
Sandy Morgan

219 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/23/2005 7:19:58 PM
A discussion came up after Holloween that everythings shifts right away to Christmas, with little thought given to Thanksgiving. A shame, isn't it? What better time to connect with oneself, truely examining one's gratitudes and love for humanity. Happy Thankgiving everyone!
+0
Donna Lira

572 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/23/2005 7:20:32 PM
Hi Linda, Thanks for the invite and for sharing that lovely letter. Thanksgiving should be everyday of the year! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, and I care and appreciate all that you do and honored to be your friend. Your friend Donna aka texgirl
+0
Janise Collins

369 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/23/2005 7:32:04 PM
Linda, Yes, I enjoy Thanksgiving because it reminds me of all the blessings God has given me...I think however, one should not just reflect on one day a year to be Thankful but should be Thankful everyday. Have a blessed day! Your friend, Classic Corners http://www.classicebstore.com
Hope to meet you soon! Regards, Classic Corners http://www.classicwebstore.com
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!