Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Doug Woodall

199 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Microsoft's 6 reasons why you may have a slowdown
11/11/2005 8:28:26 PM
1.You have spyware or malware running on the computer. 2.You have viruses that are running on the computer. 3.You do not have sufficient free space on the hard disk. 4.You do not have sufficient random access memory (RAM) installed on the computer. 5.You have corrupted or outdated drivers. 6.You have too many files in the Recycle Bin or temporary folders. These are the things you want to check for. Make sure you have an antivirus tool active, up & running, and check your free space with My Computer -> Explore -> Right click on the C: drive and check the space. Do this now, you might be surprised! To check the CPU, right click on the bar at the very bottom of the screen until you see "taskmanager". Click on that and check the Processes Tab and the Performance Tab for CPU and Memory. Check WindowsUpdate.com as a place to start for old drivers, or download new ones. Clean out the recycle bin and your Internet Explorer ->Options -> General -> Temp Internet Files -> Delete files and cookies. That should help.
Doug Woodall SpywareBiz,,,We take the Spy out of Spyware! http://www.spywarebiz.com Providing Free Information and Recommended Products to Combat Spyware.
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Microsoft's 6 reasons why you may have a slowdown
11/12/2005 4:42:54 AM
Hi Doug, As always, your advice is bang on. It's possible to keep and old computer running well for years if you keep everything clean. Thanks for the tips. God bless, Dave
+0