Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Doug Woodall

199 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
QuickTime security compromised
11/7/2005 2:32:50 PM
Windows users are being advised to upgrade to the latest version of QuickTime. Secunia warns that there are vulnerabilities in earlier versions of QuickTime that can be exploited by malicious people to cause a denial-of-service attack and potentially to compromise a user's system. These vulnerabilities mean hackers can build video clips containing code that can be made to execute just by running the movie. Hackers can also build movies that will crash applications that use QuickTime. A fourth flaw affects PICT data when using QuickTime to look at still images. Again this can allow arbitrary code to run. Vulnerabilities have been reported in the following versions of QuickTime: QuickTime version 6.5.2 and 7.0.1 for Mac OS X; QuickTime versions 7.x prior to 7.0.3 for Windows. Users should update to QuickTime 7.0.3, the security analysts said.
Doug Woodall SpywareBiz,,,We take the Spy out of Spyware! http://www.spywarebiz.com Providing Free Information and Recommended Products to Combat Spyware.
+0
Bo
Bo Tipton

70 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: QuickTime security compromised
11/7/2005 6:48:25 PM
Thanks for the info Doug. I will check to see which version I have. Bo
Free Training on How To Make Money On The Internet http://100percentcommissiontraffic.com/?rid=2
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: QuickTime security compromised
11/8/2005 1:27:28 AM
Hi Doug, Thanks for all the information on security. It is extremely important that anyone on the internet today keep all their security measures AND software up-to-date. It is really amazing how many people think that buying an antivirus program in 1998 is enough forever! (Take a straw poll - you'd be amazed how many people are using ANCIENT security software!) God bless, Dave
+0