Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence....
2/20/2005 9:00:28 AM
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men of talent. Genius will not . . . the world is full of educated derelicts." – Calvin Coolidge, 30th US President
Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0
Re: Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence....
2/20/2005 11:19:45 AM
AMEN.... I preach DAILY that "the ONLY way to FAIL is to QUIT"!! Our check this month is a testiment to that! God bless! Linda/CMAS, BS, RN
+0
2/20/2005 11:49:29 AM
The question I always ask myself what causes one person to be persistent and another not to be. I go back to my belief that destiny is the controlling force in our lives. We were all born with different talents. The problem here is to know what your talent is. For those persons who know what their talent is (most certainly) it takes Persistance to develop it. If on the other hand you do not KNOW what your talent is persistance would be meaninless and could very well lead to frustration. Rudolph
+0
2/20/2005 11:51:08 AM
YEP. Over 20 years ago I had a Dream and I followed up on it, and today it pays my living. Thanks beautyful life Thanks for letting me persist in my dreams. Dr.Michael
+0
2/20/2005 12:16:44 PM
Old Ben Franklin said it best I think:) If at first you don't succeed, Try..Try again. (and again, and again, and again) Also he said something else.. Practice makes perfect. You do something enough, it becomes second nature to you. How long have you been tying your shoes? How long have you been combing your hair. If something is working for you, then keep on doing it. But if it's not working for you, then maybe it's time for a change. If you keep on doing what you've always done, you'll keep on getting what you've always got:) Bad habits are hard to break. I used to bite my fingernails. It took a lot of willpower to break that bad habit. Now I have to clip them every week or they get so long I can't play my guitar! If you're bad habits, like following people who aren't successful in hopes of changing THEM...are keeping YOU from being successful, then it's time you broke those bad habits. Start developing habits that bring you success. You can't change ANYONE who doesn't want to be changed, but you CAN CHANGE YOURSELF. If you change yourself, those people will see the miraculous change in your life and want to pattern themselves after YOU. Rebecca Beasley
DID YOU KNOW? The U.S. Social Security Board reports that 85 out of 100 Americans reaching age 65 don't possess as much as $250. And only 2% are self-sustaining (the rest dependent on family, church, or the government)! Want to know what the "2-percenters" know that you don't? www.sfi4.com/11579740/FREE
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!