Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Fed up with GDI ...
10/21/2005 3:24:27 PM
Hi everyone, Yes, I'm sounding negative here and I believe I have a good reason. As many times that I do an opt-out from this company I still get emails of their offers. They send you an invite to check it out. You delete it and then you get another email right afterwards saying thanks for reading the email but you didn't check out the video. How many times do I have to 'click here' to Opt out? Does anyone else have a view on this? Kenneth R Sword Jr
+0
Re: Fed up with GDI ...
10/21/2005 3:42:53 PM
I see your point-I have opted out several times, but I sure do ADMIRE the programming that can follow up like that!! I wish I could use it for some of my own opportunities!!
Your Guruette On The Net Marianne McEachern Success Consultant
http://www.GuruetteOnTheNet.com
+0
10/21/2005 4:01:46 PM
Wow - thanks for the update, Kenneth. I have been seriously considering this one because it fits in so well with my business. But if I decide to opt out, I'd like to know that it can be done, and done relatively easily. Sorry to hear that you are having trouble. This reminds me of a long, long time ago when I signed up for a free trial of AOL (I think this was back in '97 or '98). I tried to opt out, but the information about how to do it was BURIED. Once I found the phone number - yes, you had to CALL to opt out - you can imagine what the hold times were. Sounds like the same kind of frustration. Best of luck to ya.
Scot Robnett

DIY Websites:
www.buildyoursite.biz

Search Engine Competitive Intelligence:
www.adgooroo.com
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/21/2005 4:02:59 PM
Ken, Isn't that some kind of violation of CAN-SPAM? I've never had a problem myself, but that's because I only opt out of something after I've actually opted in and then changed my mind. The rest just go to my junk mail and I delete them en masse after scanning the sender and subject lines. They usually run out of autoresponder sequence after a while and then they stop. Cheri
+0
Teri Fitzgerald

166 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
10/21/2005 4:17:45 PM
I am right with you on this Kenneth. I get the same thing, and have to opt-out again and again. It is quite annoying, so if any- one can give us a good solution to end this madness, I would truly appreciate it! ;-) Have a wonderful weekend! Teri
~ Mother Earthbeats ~ This Virtual World ~*~ Walk in Grace, Beauty and Balance... ~*~
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!