Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Autism. A most misunderstood illness of children
10/31/2005 2:12:54 AM
Hello Friends I love it when I get to share someones message of hope with you. Here is the story of a lady with an autistic child who simply would not give up untill she found the answers thar she needed. Enjoy Event to raise funds for autism therapy By JENNIFER BRETT The Atlanta Journal-Constitution Published on: 10/30/05 Not long after her son was diagnosed with autism, Cyndi Bramblett dedicated herself full time to preparing special meals and seeking out the best therapy for him. The family moved from Gwinnett County to North Carolina to take advantage of programs available in that state, and Tristan, now 6, has made tremendous progress. It's been hard work, and it hasn't been cheap. But Bramblett says all the sacrifice has been worth it. Special (ENLARGE) The family of Tristan Bramblett has set up a foundation to help families of autistic kids defray therapy costs. MOST POPULAR STORIES Hundreds arrested in Wisconsin as police raid Halloween revelry crowds Texas Pastor Electrocuted During Baptism Ghost hunter lured by spectral voice Hard-up students take begging online Radcliffe Talks About Growing Up Potter EMAIL THIS PRINT THIS MOST POPULAR "Tristan's doing phenomenally well," she said from her home in Winston-Salem, N.C. "He's in regular kindergarten. He loves the kids in his class." Bramblett wants other families dealing with an autistic child to experience the joy and relief brought by successful therapy. Earlier this year she and her family founded the Tristan R. Bramblett Foundation. The nonprofit 501(c)3 organization will provide scholarships meant to defray the cost of therapy for autistic children. "It's so exciting to be doing the foundation now," Bramblett said. "The experiences we've had with him have opened these doors." The foundation's first major fund-raiser, a live and silent auction, will be on Nov. 12 at Shadowbrook Baptist Church, 4187 Suwanee Dam Road in Suwanee. The event starts at 6 p.m. Tickets are $5 in advance or at the door. Call 770-963-9622 for tickets or to donate. Auction items donated so far include tickets to local attractions including the Fernbank Museum of Natural History, Stone Mountain Park, the Atlanta Ballet and the Center for Puppetry Arts. For the bibliophile, books will be signed by famous tightwad Clark Howard, talk-show host and fair-tax fan Neal Boortz and Lorraine Murray, who writes a column for The Atlanta Journal-Constitution's Faith & Values section. Other items include golf and spa vacation packages, artwork, a U.S. flag that has flown over the Capitol and ornaments decorated with Tristan's own artwork. (A line of infantwear and other items bearing Tristan's creations are sold at the Atlanta and Charlotte merchandise marts, and at a number of boutiques. Information: www.blue elephant creations.com/retailers. html). All proceeds from the auction will eventually fund scholarships. Applications will be available on the Web site, www.blueelephantcreations.com.
May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0
11/1/2005 4:49:41 PM
Greetings My Friends Here is another bit of good news for those who suffer with autism and related disorders. It is part of my continued effort to inform people about this terrible illness and many other disorders of the human brain. I hope that this information will help someone find the hope and the help they need to improve their lives. If this information has helped you in even the slightest way, please let me know so that I can write to my sources for this information and thank them. SIncerly, Bill Vanderbilt uk politics news site politics.co.uk Political News Headlines Party Politics Domestic Policy Foreign Policy Public Services The Economy News in Brief Debate Issue of the Day Issue Briefs Opinion Formers Parliament Westminster Scotland Wales London Europe Election 2005 Election Results Constituency Focus Election Explained Policies Opinion Formers' Manifestos Opinion Polls Conference 2005 Labour Conservative Liberal Democrats Reference Political Guide Find an MP Useful Links -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Entertainment News Personal Finance News Property News Travel News Updated, Tuesday, 01 Nov 2005 22:00 GMT+0 Debate - Press ReleasesDRC: New advisory group for people with autism Tue, 01 Nov 2005 People with autism and related conditions have a stronger voice at the Disability Rights Commission (DRC) this month with the introduction of a new advisory group. The Autism and Neurodiversity Group will be made up of people with autism and ‘neuro-diverse’ conditions such as Tourette’s syndrome, dyslexia, dyspraxia and Asperger’s syndrome. Mia Rosenblatt of the National Autistic Society said: ‘The NAS strongly welcomes the establishment of this group. We want it to lead to greater acknowledgement of the needs of people in the autistic spectrum as well as bringing about action which addresses those needs” DRC Chair Bert Massie said: ‘We understand that people within the autistic spectrum face specific problems of discrimination. That is why the DRC has set up an advisory group to help better inform our work. The group is run by autistic and neuro-diverse people who can suggest how we can improve our services and tell us what other work we can do to make sure things are better for people with autism.” Jo Todd, Managing Director for Key4Learning said: "Those with neuro-diversity are entitled to dignity and recognition of their difference so that they can contribute their major skills." The new group is also being supported by MP Liz Blackman who chairs the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Autism. The Autism and Neurodiversity group will recommend work for the DRC to focus on and comment on how well DRC services (such as our Helpline and website) are tailored to meet the needs of people in the spectrum. To read more about the views of Disability Rights Commission (DRC) click here. Press ReleasesDRC: Disability discrimination case win Issue of the Day CommentsDisabled people's life chances - DRC - Drive to put control in disabled people's hands welcomed Disabled children's care - DRC - Money often not well spent Dislcaimer: Press releases published on this page are from key opinion formers who promote their organisation's activities by subscribing to a campaign site within politics.co.uk. politics.co.uk does not endorse, edit, or attempt to balance the opinions expressed on this page. The content of press releases are wholly the responsibility of the originating company or organisation. © 2005 www.politics.co.uk.About Us | Editorial Policy | Editorial Board | Feedback | Privacy | Terms of Use
May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0
11/1/2005 11:17:57 PM
Hello Friends Here is a wonderful message of hope shared with you by a mother who just would not give up when she found out her son was autistic. I truly hope that this story will inspire someone else to " not give up ". Hope comes in many forms. Sometims through prayer, sometimes in the form of a miricle and sometimes through perserverence. Whatever form your hope arrives in, I hope it serves you well. Sincerly Bill Autism treatment offers hope Mon, October 31, 2005 By Kathy Rumleski, Free Press Reporter Little Jake made a friend for the first time when he was 3 1/2 . He sang Happy Birthday to his mom when he was four. But it took 2,100 attempts during 10 weeks to get Jake to look at his parents when they called his name. That was after he was diagnosed with autism at age two. In total, Jake had more than two years of 40-hour-a-week Applied Behaviour Analysis before he was cured of autism, which is a neurological disorder causing developmental disability. While his mother, Karen Siff Exkorn, is reluctant to use the word cure, that is what happened. In a recently-published book, The Autism Sourcebook, Siff Exkorn documents the process that led to Jake's recovery. It is a story of hope for the 190,000 Canadians who are autistic and their caregivers. "Knowledge is power, but it's also hope," Siff Exkorn said by phone while in Ontario promoting her book, which includes information on diagnosis, treatment and coping, plus a checklist for autism in toddlers, internet resources and a list of international autism associations. The Rockland County, N.Y., woman stresses the importance of early diagnosis and early treatment. She said parents who are given a diagnosis of autism -- an event that occurs at the rate of every 20 minutes in the U.S. -- will likely grieve and then go into a period of denial. She cautions that grieving is not a luxury one can afford. "Don't get caught up in the causes," she said. "We got (Jake) ready, like training an athlete for a marathon." The intensive Applied Behaviour Analysis is similar to behaviour modification. When a child demonstrates an appropriate behaviour, he gets rewarded. "(Jake) needed to relearn simple things that he used to know," Siff Exkorn said. "Like how to respond to the instruction 'sit down' or 'stand up.' " She also makes it clear most children won't recover completely. There is an autism scale from mild to severe and doctors say children who fall toward the mild end have a better chance of being cured or showing improvement. But there is hope for all children. Interestingly, Jake has some memories of what it was like to live with autism. Siff Exkorn said her son remembers trying to speak, but he was not able and when people talked to him, they seemed to be speaking a foreign language. "He said it felt like his brain wasn't connected right." Siff Exkorn and her husband have been very open with Jake and those around him about his disorder. Part of the author's mission on her book tour is to educate people and make them more comfortable talking about autism. "I want to erase the stigma." Her timing in Ontario is good, as October is autism awareness month. The London chapter of the Autism Society of Ontario, serving Middlesex, Elgin and Oxford counties, will be collecting toonies at the London Knights hockey game Friday at the John Labatt Centre. Money raised will support research and finance scholarships for those dedicated to research. Here is one final thought for struggling parents from Siff Exkorn's book: "I've learned that ordinary and motivated parents can overcome seemingly impossible hurdles and make an extraordinary difference in their children's lives."
+0
11/7/2005 12:29:26 AM
Hello Mary I have been finding some really startling research reports on autism. What I seem to be uncovering here is a massive coverup by the government and Ely Lilly Pharmaceuticals to hise the fact that autism and many other ASD's are directly linked to the use of mercury in childhood immunizations and antibiotics. The following is only a sampling of the information I hve found. For a more complete picture of this whole situation log onto GrnerationRescue.com. There is a tremendous amount of material there, some of which speaks of actually speaks of reversing the effects of autism to the point of the child living a perfectly normal life. Thimerosal, a vaccine preservative, was patented in 1929, and has been used in vaccines since the early 1930s. Dr. Morris Kharasch is credited with inventing Thimerosal. He described it as an "alkyl mercuric sulfur compound" that demonstrated both antiseptic and antibacterial properties. On June 27, 1927, Kharasch, through The Eli Lilly Corporation, filed a patent application for Thimerosal. Because of its perceived antibacterial qualities, Thimerosal was marketed by Eli Lilly and adapted for use as a vaccine preservative in the early 1930s and has been used ever since. Fact #2 Thimerosal is 49.6% ethlymercury by weight. Ethylmercury is highly toxic to humans. Mercury is one of the earth's elements and the second most toxic element on earth behind plutonium. It is a known neurotoxin and is particularly damaging to developing brains. Ethylmercury, a chemically derived compound of mercury, is estimated to be as much as 50 times more toxic than elemental mercury. The California Environmental Protection Agency recently reported that the scientific evidence that thimerosal causes reproductive and developmental toxicity is "clear and voluminous." In the body, ethylmercury is converted into inorganic mercury, which then accumulates in the body's fat cells, primarily in the brain and kidneys. The extreme toxicity of ethylmercury may manifest itself in virtually hundreds of health related symptoms, mostly neuro-degenerative or auto-immune in nature. Fact #3 The amount of ethlymercury received by children through Thimerosal-containing vaccines grew by 2.5 times between 1986 and 1991 and continued at this higher level until at least 2002. Before 1986, per the Centers for Disease Control's recommended vaccine schedule, children received a total dose of 100 micrograms of ethylmercury in the first two years of life. Between 1988 and 1991, two new vaccines, the Hepatitis B vaccine (Hep B) and the Haemophilus Influenzae Type B vaccine (Hib), were added to the recommended schedule. The addition of these two vaccines drove the amount of ehtylmercury given to children within the first two years of life up to 246 micrograms, an increase of 2.5 times or 147%. This dose was largely maintained between 1991 and 2002, when the Federal Drug Administration issued a recommendation to pharmaceutical companies to remove Thimerosal from childhood vaccines. Although the recommendation was issued in 1999, vaccines containing Thimerosal remained on the market through 2002 as inventories of Thimerosal-containing vaccines were worked down. Of more concern, the ethlymercury received within the first six months of life grew from 75 micrograms before 1986 to 187.5 micrograms by 1991, an increase of 150%. The younger an infant is, the less capable they are of processing mercury due to an undeveloped renal system. Hep B, introduced in 1990, was mandated to be given on the first day of life. Also, the practice of giving multiple vaccine doses during single visits became more widespread, resulting in an exposure to mercury on a single day greater than can be adequately excreted by an infant. None of these figures include the ethlymercury exposure from flu shots, which typically have 25 micrograms of ethylmercury by themselves. Most flu shots as well as some other childhood vaccines still contain Thimerosal today. page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
+0
11/8/2005 9:42:39 PM
Hello Friends As some of you know I have been doing a lot of research about autism. Presently, in the US, there is 1 case of autism for every 166 births. What that means to me is that there are many people right here at Adland who either have autism or have a child with autism. I have been uncovering some startling information about the causes and the coverups associated with autism but, my main interest right now is to get information to people that very well might help their child get better. There are treatments that look promising. Possibly the most promising is a treatment called chelation therapy. The following is a story of hope written by the mother of a child who is slowly recovering from autism. There are many other stories like this. Some with even much more positive results. If you ask, I will be very happy to share not only what information I have but also my sources of information. If someone you know has an autistic child, please be sure to get this information to them. It could change their life dramatically. Success Stories: Parent Testimonials return to the testimonials page Alex, aged 10: Alex was born April 11, 1995. He had a total normal development up until 15 months. He crawled, walked and talked early, everything was fine. A very bright child, at around a year and a half he had a 60-70 word vocabulary and was starting to put two and three words together. I have him on video singing "happy birthday dear Jacob" to his brother, everything was oh so normal, oh so nice. Alex received his MMR and Haem b vaccines on the same day, the summer when he was 15 months of age. At that time, Alex's descent into autism began. He still spoke but it became repetitive and scripted and his play became repetitive as well. He started having tantrums, became withdrawn and his problems with severe constipation and diarrhea began. He was still very verbal and affectionate and it was not until we looked back on old videos much later did we pinpoint this time as when autism started ravaging his body and stealing his mind. That fall, after receiving his DPT shot, and with it another toxic dose of mercury, a rapid downward spiral into the world of autism ensued. My very bright child became a child with no understanding of what was being said to him, no play skills, no language, no way to express his basic needs, everything just gone. His world became one of crying and screaming, spinning around in circles, engaging in repetitive movements and purposeless activities, chaos and pain. His life as he knew it, was gone. Like so many other moms, I turned to the internet for answers. I spent countless hours researching the vaccine/autism link, pouring over hundreds of websites to find something that would help my son. We performed a multitude of tests, went to several doctors, tried every therapy out there without much success. It was clear that in addition to being severely autistic, his gastrointestinal tract was severely damaged, as well as his immune system and many metabolic pathways. He was, and still is, intolerant to any sugars, artificial colors, flavorings, corn, wheat, dairy, and many foods containing salicylates. He cannot tolerate most supplements. All the DAN treatments had little effect. We were becoming so frustrated that we could not find anything that would help our precious child. We had tried DMSA, another form of chelation, but it did not help Alex at all, in fact it seemed to make his gastrointestinal issues much worse. Things were really looking absolutely hopeless for Alex, we have tried so many things, achieving so little progress for him. In the spring of 2004, things changed. A good internet friend of mine attended Autism One that May. He had seen Dr. Buttar's presentation and was absolutely thrilled with what he had seen that day. The data presented on his chelation method using transdermal dmps was like nothing he had seen thus far, and the amounts of mercury the children were able to chelate using this method, were like none any of us had seen reported. We immediately made an appt and made the car trip from NY to NC to see Dr. Buttar in August. I think here I need to state again that Alex is severely affected by autism, he is nine years old at this point, and all progress had plateaued and no gains had been seen in a long, long time. We started the dmps in August of 2004, it is now March of 2005 and we are seeing undeniable slow steady progress again that can be attributed to nothing but the dmps. His receptive language skills are greatly improved, his level of socialization is greatly improved, he is so much happier and compliant, his fine motor skills and motor planning skills are also improving slowly. Alex who is not yet potty trained for bowel movements (which in the past trying this would cause tantrums and rages that were unbelievable) is now starting to go on the toilet. This is itself is something I was beginning to doubt I would ever see. He is doing great in school. Family and friends who do not see him everyday are constantly commenting on new things they see in him everytime they visit. Alex is one of the many children with autism that has severe gastrointestinal problems, colitis, ulcerations, failure to gain weight, etc. Over the last 5 years, he would gain approximately 1/2 to 1 pound a year. Since starting dmps in August, Alex has gained eight pounds! Alex still is severely affected by autism, he has severe cognitive and gastrointestinal issues, but we feel after all this time, we are headed in the right direction. I am writing this as I want parents who have older children to know it is never too late for progress for our kids. It is way to early to predict the long time outcome for Alex and all our kids, but we are seeing progress again, and that for me at this point, is enough to give us hope again. Alex, after all this time, is starting to heal. Alex is not yet ten, and his journey has been that of what most do not endure in their entire lifetime. He is not alone. There are many more like him. They all need our help. I hope that this letter will motivate others to join Generation Rescue to help as many of our beautiful children as possible. Thank you, Valerie Boergesson Success Stories: Parent Testimonials return to the testimonials page Alex, aged 10: Alex was born April 11, 1995. He had a total normal development up until 15 months. He crawled, walked and talked early, everything was fine. A very bright child, at around a year and a half he had a 60-70 word vocabulary and was starting to put two and three words together. I have him on video singing "happy birthday dear Jacob" to his brother, everything was oh so normal, oh so nice. Alex received his MMR and Haem b vaccines on the same day, the summer when he was 15 months of age. At that time, Alex's descent into autism began. He still spoke but it became repetitive and scripted and his play became repetitive as well. He started having tantrums, became withdrawn and his problems with severe constipation and diarrhea began. He was still very verbal and affectionate and it was not until we looked back on old videos much later did we pinpoint this time as when autism started ravaging his body and stealing his mind. That fall, after receiving his DPT shot, and with it another toxic dose of mercury, a rapid downward spiral into the world of autism ensued. My very bright child became a child with no understanding of what was being said to him, no play skills, no language, no way to express his basic needs, everything just gone. His world became one of crying and screaming, spinning around in circles, engaging in repetitive movements and purposeless activities, chaos and pain. His life as he knew it, was gone. Like so many other moms, I turned to the internet for answers. I spent countless hours researching the vaccine/autism link, pouring over hundreds of websites to find something that would help my son. We performed a multitude of tests, went to several doctors, tried every therapy out there without much success. It was clear that in addition to being severely autistic, his gastrointestinal tract was severely damaged, as well as his immune system and many metabolic pathways. He was, and still is, intolerant to any sugars, artificial colors, flavorings, corn, wheat, dairy, and many foods containing salicylates. He cannot tolerate most supplements. All the DAN treatments had little effect. We were becoming so frustrated that we could not find anything that would help our precious child. We had tried DMSA, another form of chelation, but it did not help Alex at all, in fact it seemed to make his gastrointestinal issues much worse. Things were really looking absolutely hopeless for Alex, we have tried so many things, achieving so little progress for him. In the spring of 2004, things changed. A good internet friend of mine attended Autism One that May. He had seen Dr. Buttar's presentation and was absolutely thrilled with what he had seen that day. The data presented on his chelation method using transdermal dmps was like nothing he had seen thus far, and the amounts of mercury the children were able to chelate using this method, were like none any of us had seen reported. We immediately made an appt and made the car trip from NY to NC to see Dr. Buttar in August. I think here I need to state again that Alex is severely affected by autism, he is nine years old at this point, and all progress had plateaued and no gains had been seen in a long, long time. We started the dmps in August of 2004, it is now March of 2005 and we are seeing undeniable slow steady progress again that can be attributed to nothing but the dmps. His receptive language skills are greatly improved, his level of socialization is greatly improved, he is so much happier and compliant, his fine motor skills and motor planning skills are also improving slowly. Alex who is not yet potty trained for bowel movements (which in the past trying this would cause tantrums and rages that were unbelievable) is now starting to go on the toilet. This is itself is something I was beginning to doubt I would ever see. He is doing great in school. Family and friends who do not see him everyday are constantly commenting on new things they see in him everytime they visit. Alex is one of the many children with autism that has severe gastrointestinal problems, colitis, ulcerations, failure to gain weight, etc. Over the last 5 years, he would gain approximately 1/2 to 1 pound a year. Since starting dmps in August, Alex has gained eight pounds! Alex still is severely affected by autism, he has severe cognitive and gastrointestinal issues, but we feel after all this time, we are headed in the right direction. I am writing this as I want parents who have older children to know it is never too late for progress for our kids. It is way to early to predict the long time outcome for Alex and all our kids, but we are seeing progress again, and that for me at this point, is enough to give us hope again. Alex, after all this time, is starting to heal. Alex is not yet ten, and his journey has been that of what most do not endure in their entire lifetime. He is not alone. There are many more like him. They all need our help. I hope that this letter will motivate others to join Generation Rescue to help as many of our beautiful children as possible. Thank you, Valerie Boergesson
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!