Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Article: Are you going M.A.D.D?
10/11/2005 9:22:16 AM
I didn't write this article, but it was so funny that I wanted to share it with you. It was written by Andy Henry of http://www.moneyandmotivation.com/ After reading it, I realized that many people who are trying to make a profit online don't realize that they are affected by this "M.A.D.D." disorder. Heh. Read on... ============================================= I was recently diagnosed with M.A.D.D (Marketing Addiction Distraction Disorder) by Andy Henry ============================================= I was recently diagnosed with M.A.D.D - Marketing Addiction Distraction Disorder. This is how it manifests: I decided to create a sales page. As I switched on my computer I noticed two drinking glasses. I decided to take the glasses into the kitchen. The cats meowed for food. I put the glasses down and fed the cats. I put the cat food tin in the trash. Noticing the trash bag was now full I thought I'd take it out to the wheely bin. Since I was at it, I thought I'd empty the other waste paper baskets from around the house. While in my bedroom I noticed my minidisk recorder. I knew I'd need the minidisk recorder that night so I picked it up. The telephone then rang and I answered it. While I was on the telephone the doorbell rang. I put down the minidisk recorder and went to the door. At the door was someone collecting for charity. I went to find some change to give them. While looking for change I found a memory stick that I'd been looking for. I remembered the telephone and went back and made my excuses and hung up. While sorting through the coins I'd found I put down the memory stick. I gave some money to the charity collector. I then remembered that I was turning on the PC. When I got to the PC, it was at the Windows desktop. Microsoft Messenger was open in two windows. Two friends were asking me questions. After 15 minutes of typing I closed MSN. Out of habit, I then checked my emails. One of the emails was for a new product that I had to buy today or miss out on. After 15 minutes of reading the sales page I had a look around my favourite forums to see if anyone was recommending this program. I saw several posts asking questions I had answers to. 30 minutes later I read a positive review of the product. I went and paid for it by PayPal. Once it was on my hard disk I opened the program and played with it for 45 minutes. Then the telephone rang. It was a friend asking how I was. "Great!" I said, I'm busy doing things for my online business. "It sounds like you're getting a lot done" said my friend. "That's right" I said. Then I hung up the telephone and went to bed. My Sales Page wasn't done. I can't find my minidisk recorder. My memory stick is missing. The trash needs putting out. The glasses need washing. I haven't done anything to increase my income in this time. BEING 'BUSY' IS FINE. BEING 'PRODUCTIVE' IS BETTER! REMEMBERING TO CHECK WHICH YOU'RE DOING = PRICELESS! ============================================= And while we're on the subject, I found another good article about "Time Termites" at a fellow Adlander's site. The article was written by Anne Alexander, and I found it at [Adlander] Jon Schmedt's site. Incidentally, Jon's site is an article syndication and feed so if you need website content, or are a great writer, you might want to get to know Jon. Jon's site is at: http://www.4allgood.com/index.php The Ten Time Termites are here; http://www.4allgood.com/article-2-4-137.html Enjoy! : ) Linda
+0
Re: Article: Are you going M.A.D.D?
10/11/2005 9:39:03 AM
Thanks for sharing Linda :-) It was a goody
+0
Kathy Clark

172 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
10/11/2005 3:44:28 PM
Linda, I can really relate to this article. Thanks for sharing. This is the problem with a Home Based Business or any business for that matter. It is so easy to get distracted and the day is gone before you know it and you haven't done anything productive. Focus, planning, prioritizing, and follow-through....this is what I keep reminding myself of.
+0
Winston Scoville

536 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
10/11/2005 4:43:35 PM
Okay? Where's the Camera?????? I feel like I was caught on Candid Camera. Sounds like some old footage of me a few months back. It's amazing how little we accomplish when we don't have a plan and stick to it! :-)
+0
10/11/2005 5:25:38 PM
Okay? Where's the Camera?????? LOL..... I know exactly what you mean. I bet a lot of people do.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!