Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Self-Esteem Commandment # 4
10/9/2005 6:11:14 PM
Hello All My AdlandPro Friends and Family, Here is Commandment #4 for you today! " Trust thy body all the days of thy life (thy mind doth fornicate with thee)." Now I know you are probably wondering, what does that mean, right? Well, can you ever remember a time when you had just met someone and you had an immediate and overwhelming negative feeling about that person? Maybe you even felt sick, got nauseous, had anxiety, or instinctively just wanted to get away from the person. Just then your mind wanted to jump in and tell you, "You shouldn't judge people so quickly," or "Why are you feeling like this about a person you do not even know?" And then later you learned that your initial gut reaction to that person was right on? Often, our reactions to other people are based on habits and patterns that we pick up on from others, not our own instincts. Our parents taught us to be nice to relatives and friends that we did particularly like. Teachers would blame us for things that others did. The religious figure in our life taught us that all people are good and that we should never judge them. And yet how often have you discovered the uncle who made you feel uneasy was actually a child molester, or that the new employee you just hired, whose resume looked impeccable, but whose energy seemed somehow "off" to you, is now causing problems in the office? The result of all this teaching from others is that our own "inner compass" got drowned out. We are all born with an innate intelligence, an inner knowing(intuition if you like), that is our true source of guidance - especially when we deal with other people. This is a basic instinct that even animals share with us! In most cases, this intelligence speaks to us more accurately through physical feelings and emotions than it does through our minds. Our minds have been filled with so much false information and belief systems that it's hard for us to see and hear clearly. When I was a young girl of only 5 years of age, my uncle molested me. I don't remember how long this went on for, but one day my oldest sister caught him. My parents were not home at the time, but when they returned she told my parents. This uncle was my mother's brother, and of course she didn't believe it, or perhaps didn't want to, but my father confronted him and banned him from our home. Until this day I will know when I get around a male that is "not right" I get a very uneasy feeling, I get nervous, and what I like to call the "heebee jeebees". I talked to one of my counselors about this a few years back, and I asked her why I would get these bad feelings around certain men? She explained to me that once someone has been molested they will instinctively know when they get around that type of person, it is like our body is giving us a warning sign. Our bodies and feelings give us clues all the time, but often we are deaf to them because we are too busy with our thoughts, habits, and activities. Our minds have not been trained how to listen, how to be quiet enough to perceive our own inner guidance. Part of healthy self-esteem is learning to trust ourselves, to trust our instincts, and to develop a rapport with our body and its messages. If we can learn to listen to our own inner self, then we will make healthier choices - and healthier choices are a major building block of self-esteem. -------------------------------------------- Resolutions: 1) Take a few minutes each day to do this simple exercise. Sit comfortably in a chair, with your back straight, close your eyes, and begin to quiet your conscious mind. Bring all your thoughts to a point of stillness. It may help to focus on your breathing while doing this. Then once you've achieved that stillness, simply listen. Become aware of your body and how it feels. Learn to listen to its messages. 2) Then tune in to your feelings. Ask yourself what you are really feeling at the moment. Be honest with what is truly going on inside you - and develop a dialogue with that. Your feelings are a great way to access what's going on at your deepest level. 3) Then, as you go about your day, practice being aware of your body and feelings. As you meet people and situations, learn to be the observer of your self. Listen to your inner clues, be guided by them, and you will find your sense of personal power blossoming. -------------------------------------------- It is so important for us to stop and pay attention when our bodies give us these bad feelings or vibes. Do not think that you are feeling that way for no reason, or try to convince yourself your wrong for feeling this way. God gave us these natural instincts for a reason, it is to protect ourselves from danger. Just like an animal can sense danger, a natural instinct in them as well, so can you! Unfortunately, we can not think all people are good even though we'd like to, but that is not being realistic. Learn to listen to your body and your feelings...you may just save your life one day if you do! Marilyn L. Ali
Marilyn L Martin
"The ALP & TGAMM Couple"
"Rick & Marilyn Martin...Married 11/17/06"
Spiderweb Marketing http://thespiderwebsystem.com/jamila

Traffic Tornado
http://traffictornado.com/x/p2.cgi/6053/

+0
Lisa Westberry

1972 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Self-Esteem Commandment # 4
10/9/2005 6:29:35 PM
Thank you Marilyn for the Forum. This is a very important message just for myself. Your a Wonderful Friend,
+0
10/9/2005 7:05:58 PM
HI Lee Lu, Thanks so much for your comments and I am happy if this message helped you! Take care and God Bless! Marilyn
Marilyn L Martin
"The ALP & TGAMM Couple"

Traffic Tornado

+0
Michael Rogers

760 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/10/2005 1:22:00 PM
Hello Marilyn, This is very good information, and yet through time, so easy for us to forget! Thank you for reminding us, of how it should be. God Bless you my friend. respectfully,
+0
10/10/2005 4:13:33 PM
HI Michael, Thanks so much for your comments and for stopping by. Take care and God Bless! Marilyn
Marilyn L Martin
"The ALP & TGAMM Couple"

Traffic Tornado

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!