Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Home and Family
10/4/2005 9:37:16 PM
Friends, With this thread, I'd like to bring you some resources that I have found to be helpful, and welcome not only your feedback but also any resources you'd like to share. The first recommendation I'd like to make is for Flylady.net. This is not one of my affiliate programs, I am referring you simply because if you are overwhelmed at home, I can relate! The situation here was much worse before I found this site, though. My house was a disaster area; my husband couldn't understand why he never had clean clothes when I was at home all day, just a few steps from the laundry room; I spent hours looking for things that didn't have a home, and the stress was beginning to cause me worry about my health. Marla Cilley is The Flylady and a genius at breaking down the task of keeping house into 15-minute "baby steps". Her motto is "You are not behind. Jump in where you are." It was Flylady who made me understand why I procrastinated until the task was too big to do at all. As a recovering perfectionist, I had that self-limiting belief in my head...you know the one: "If you can't do it right, don't do it at all." WRONG! I'm still a Flybaby...someone who is working on getting the de-cluttering done. Seems recovering perfectionists are also recovering pack rats often enough. Flybabies have the choice of taking the concept under advisement and going it alone, or joining the Yahoo user group to receive emails, which come often every day to remind you to do a 15-minute mission, work for 15 minutes in your Zone (what we're working on this week), do a 5-minute room-rescue, and more. My favorite is the 27-fling boogie. No, I won't explain that here. Go to the site and find out for yourself! While some people I've told about this claim that they would go crazy with all the email, for me it is a necessity. In addition to being a recovering perfectionist pack-rat, I'm also a bit compulsive (just a bit, lol). I wouldn't know it was time to get off the computer if my husband didn't come home from work and ask about dinner. Those reminders help me remember to take a health break, get a glass of water, rest my eyes, move a bit and bless my home with a small increment of my time. If you see a reflection of yourself in this description, I urge you to at least check it out. It's fun, it's free, and it may save your sanity. Let me know how you like it. Cheri -------------------------------------------- Cheri Merz is a real estate broker and home-based business entrepreneur. She also publishes a web-based ezine that explores the pathways to success at any age. Visit Never2Late4Success for more articles, stories and celebrations of subscribers' success. These are some of my favorite success books. Please also visit My Offers.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!