Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Spirituality and Success
10/4/2005 8:12:58 PM
My friend Thomass Jaymess is a famous artist, poet/writer, creative designer, and ideas guru who now lives in Canada, though he traces his roots from the earliest recorded history of Scotland and takes much of his inspiration from that heritage. Nearly 400 Adland members have joined his forum Observations for his wonderful prose. You must also experience his Poetry/writing forum. Thomass is associated with Infinite Increase Institute and is Founder and Director of The Master's Pebble. Learn more through his Adland profile and also through John Elliott's website http://www.oakwoodgrafix.co.uk. I have invited Thomass to open a discussion about the spiritual aspects and implications of success. His essay follows. We invite your comments. ___________________________________________________________ Spirituality/Success One may ask a question: what does spirituality, humanity, and success have to do with one another, or as a matter of fact, do they relate and if so how? To answer this question is really very simple. It has to do with a type of science; the science of relativity or physics. In today's world we have discovered that this is a Universal Law of absolute. In other words it can not be altered in any way; it just is. Whether we want it to be or not. We can work with this law or keep trying to go against it. Going against it is like paddling against the current; eventually you become exhausted and finally surrender to the natural flow. But be of assurance here, the flow is what you create for your experience in this life; either knowing or not. You can react to life or you can be part of it and act. The universal law governs everything and it is ours to use, activate, to assist everyone of us to be able to have the greatest human experience we could imagine. This law is the law of attraction. Like attracts to like and this, my dear friends, does not start on the human level. The human level is just a manifestation of the universal law. It begins with thought; every thought that you have or think creates a ripple effect, big or small, but it still affects everything else. Its liken to, for example, when the monarch butterflies migrate and by the flutter of their wings actually affects the mountains on the other side of the world; believe it or not, it does. Everything is energy and we have the ability to shape that energy into anything we desire. The more thought and emotion that you give to that energy the more it slows down. And the slower it becomes, it eventually manifests into our reality so that we can experience that. Now this sounds pretty logical, but what has that got to do with success and spirituality? Everything. The word spirituality is the label that we have given to our essence; our higer knowing if you will, which is directly connected to All; to God, the Source or whatever you wish to label it. It is all the same. We will use the label God here, simply because everyone can relate to that and know what I am referring to. Now God had an idea; a thought which created everything; even things beyond our human capacity to know in this human form; that's what makes it so wonderous and magical. Also, we are part of all that is; which is part of God. What we think (thought) manifests and how; because we are co-creating with God so that we can experience what we desire. You can not have success because you will always be wanting it; always be chasing it. What you chase runs away and what you run from chases you; I say STOP and choose. Its that simple. You either already have success or you do not. And it all depends on how you think or what your thoughts on it are. Everything only happens or changes in the present moment. There is no past nor future; they are an illusion. The only things that exist and have ever existed are right now; right here in the present. You can not wait to be successful or work your tail off to become successful; you are or you are not regardless of your outer appearances. Things do not change until you allow them to in the present moment, and it starts with thought. Let's do a little experiment here: take a pen (or some kind of an object); place it down in front of you; now try and pick it up. No matter how hard you try you can not. Now you are probably looking at the object in your hand and thinking what am I talking about; I have the object in my hand. And that is my very point; you didn't try to pick it up ; you just picked it up and presto, it's in your hand. So it is either on the table in front of you or it is in your hand; it is or is not. All that grey area in between is all just made up to fill the gap. You see, spirituality is just one aspect of who we are and that aspect is our connection to God; to the Source of everything. A lot of the time we just see things from another aspect of ourselves; our humanity. It is all good, but we must not neglect one to give more energy to the other for if that we do then we're not reaping the many benefits of our human experience; and we would never feel fulfilled; we would always be wanting. You can not want what you already have by choice. It is like a balancing act, but when in harmony it plays the most wonderful song. As I like to say; we are spirit beings having a human experience so that we can know ourselves and grow to even greater things; to experience the ONE that we all are in the expression of that in the human form. We are born into each lifetime successful but we seem to have forgotten our connection that allows us to be that. By choice and thought guided by spirit is the grand performance that we all have the power to show the world and by this the world and all of life benefits. As William Shakespeare said; "We are the players on the stage of life." and as well he says; "To thine self be true." Once practiced and mastered (as we all are Masters) then we do have the world in the palm of our hand. There has only ever been one true power; the power of love. As my motto is: 'Power with, not power over.' Thomass Jaymess
+0
Re: Spirituality and Success
10/7/2005 2:48:57 PM
Thomass what pearls of wisdom simply stated. Especially the chasing analogy which is a lesson I've just had a lot of fun learning over the past 4-5 months. I used to run thinking if I ran faster my goal to reach quickly. For about the last year I've been in a process of slowing down. I continue to slow down right now. I'm still walking. I occasionally have to reach out and grab at my goals. A bad habit I still am trying to forget. As time goes on I realize that the less I do. The more I think of positive expectations and react to feelings easier life becomes. Further I can slow my pace. One day I'll finally forget all those success books I've read that said this or that will make you successful. What you just said studied and most importantly practiced is all you need to know. I've found that I dislike the word success. I now prefer the word abundance. I am productive, I am happy, and have love for everything in life. I still have issues to resolve and things to forget. I can't remember the last time I worried about money. I used to think of being broke always. Well truth is I believed that more money was required. I've always had enough money. Because pursuit of money was my only goal and thought. I would really put a lot of effort into working to getting more. What should I do next? I now realize that the null point is the true goal to work for. I am such a slacker in regards to work to earn money these days. Strange thing is I have everything I need. I'm lazy, and proud of it. Why work hard? I do what I want to do. When I want to do it. Thank goodness when I do efforts with intent to make money. My efforts are what I love to do. I do what I want most of the day and feel wonderful. I have no schedule. I wake eat sleep.... when I feel like it. My needs are filled grateful and happy I am ! The more at peace and rest I become. The more abundance enters my life. I am not just talking about money. I'm talking about everything I desire. on occasion instant granting of my wish. Once I conquer this concept of work then the null point will be reached and abundance will be all around me. I'd give it another 6 months or a year. Then I'll have forgot enough to really have some fun ! I can't wait ! But I can because abundance is just a matter of a little more time. I've always got tomorrow. Once I am seated and able to think clearly. The only reaching I'll be doing is into my lap. Or perhaps I might get distracted and what I need will drop beside me. But once I realize my error and become focused. I know that it is right there. The hardest thing is to realize in having a abundant life is that you really don't have to do much accept what comes natural, a little thought, add emotion and walla. A abundant happy life you have. Peace, Love, Liberty Kris McCraw

imercury aka Kristopher McCraw
Multicultural Social News Network
Watkins Naturals Home Business OpportunityWatkins Naturals Home Business
+0
10/8/2005 2:03:19 PM
Hi Cheri, I read this the other day and I found myself feeling somewhat in disagreement with the article. So I left it alone for a while knowing I would return because I enjoyed your postings. Now I'm back and after reading the article again, here some feedback. My first reaction is the author is making a leap of faith or making a connection between a physical world and a metaphysical world. In my own readings I found a level of understanding and maybe more of an acceptance of what I sometimes call "Thought Mentalism". We operate at different wavelength, give-off different energies and respond differently. Even a piece of wood has energy and softimes it follows a law of avoidance and not attraction . Softwood Lumber Dispute ring a bell? :-) There is a connection between spirituality and success but I don't see it the way it is being suggested here. "You cannot have success...." "You either already have success or you do not." I don't follow the author here. I either don't understand the message or the author is not making a consistent connection to the message being conveyed. If I was born in a wealthy environment as opposed to a poor environment would I have success? Hope you enjoy the feedback and no offence intended.
+0
10/8/2005 2:34:38 PM
Hello Kris, If I didn't post in some of your forum it's not because I was avoiding you :-) Good to see your comments here and I'll touch on a couple of thoughts. One day I'll finally forget all those success books I've read that said this or that will make you successful. What you just said studied and most importantly practiced is all you need to know. I've found that I dislike the word success. I now prefer the word abundance. The world is polluted with great ideas for the other guy. Ever notice this? In my field of interest I often get calls about how good a stock is and that I should buy. It seams that the higher the qualifications of the caller the less I should follow the advice. For example, a Full Brokerage firm calls me to buy, I hope I already own the stocks and place a sell at a Discount Brokerage firm. I side tracked a bit here but I wanted to share a thoughful experience. We can discuss this somewhere else. Unlike you, I don't dislike the word success. I find once you clearly define the meaning of success it's much easier to achieve. I found to be in agreement with some of the thoughts you expressed in the context of abundance. I mean if you have what you need and you know it, that's a very good definition of being rich. However, stay productive that's a much better feeling than being a slacker :-) A little tease. eh!
+0
10/9/2005 4:02:34 AM
Since I've posted been thinking of my life. I've always had abundance in my life. Where I have been wrong is when I had the perception that I needed more. In pursuit of more difficult to obtain it was. I have the same level of abundance today as at any time in my life. The less I think of getting more. The more I have. Dumping the concept of "success" has helped me greatly in truly being more "successful". The success gurus say you must think this way or look this way or do these things. The more I forget this and simply think of the desired result. The quicker I reach my goals because I don't have to do anything more than think. The perception that you must have this or that will put your goals farther away. Because you must conform to your beliefs to get what you want. For instance I had an issue earlier this week that required money to solve. Money I didn't have at the moment. At first I had a panic attack. After a minute of experiencing this I decided to take control of my emotions and be calm. I then decided how I was going to solve the problem. I acted and got exactly what I wanted with a phone call. Then about an hour latter the money materialized to make it happen. I did this without any "work". There was an aspect that was undesirable and cost me $95. I was told by contract I would have to pay. Well I thought about it again gave a call the next day. This additional $95 fee was removed. I just told this story to my ex wife and she was amazed at what I had done considering who I was dealing with. Proof to me these principals are sound and effective. You get what you expect. You don't have to accept what is undesirable. Simply decide on what you want and think of the desired result. If you wish to think you must "work" or be "successful" for a desired result please do. I'm too lazy. I prefer to think about my needs and get exactly what I want. I refuse to use labels of work, success, rich, poor, right or wrong. I find it helps me to think more clearly and thus I'm able to attract more abundance into my life. I may not fit the concept of being "successful" but truth is right now I'm very content and happy with the results of my efforts. I have defined my goals and reach them quickly with less "work". A thought is very powerful if you allow it to be. Everyone have a wonderful day Peace, Love, Liberty Kris

imercury aka Kristopher McCraw
Multicultural Social News Network
Watkins Naturals Home Business OpportunityWatkins Naturals Home Business
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!