Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Search Engine Submissions
10/22/2005 10:39:23 PM
Thanks David - an excellent resource! It is true that links from other sites are one of the best ways to get your site listed in the search engines. I have often found pages from MY websites listed, even though they are not pages I have posted to the search engines. They are from links on other peoples' websites pointing back at mine. So.... get cracking on reciprocal links! They work. Oh, and while you're at it, place your link for free on our links page. Who knows... it could be the link that boosts you up another notch on Google! :) God bless, Dave
+0
10/23/2005 1:05:07 AM
Hi Dave, Thanks for the great comments. I looked for the reciprocal links and could not find them. I must be blind. Could you please spell it out for us here where to find them. Blessings,
DrDA Detox and Heal
435-616-5480 - dblack@dbresearchlc.com
Hello Healthy
No Stress
+0
10/23/2005 8:42:30 AM
This is great info David! I don't pay for any search engine placement and I've had my site listed in the top 4 positions on several search engines quite regularly.
+0
10/23/2005 9:07:03 AM
Hi Chris, That is great. Do you mind sharing some of what you are doing to get traffic to your site?
DrDA Detox and Heal
435-616-5480 - dblack@dbresearchlc.com
Hello Healthy
No Stress
+0
10/23/2005 9:57:20 AM
Hi David: I went and read the article at webcredible that you linked to. A couple of things to note; 1) In the article, they say "Please note that the new MSN search engine will roll out at the end of 2004 and will be very important. That sentence tells me the article is at least a year old, probably more. If it was written at the end of 2004, they would have said the new MSN engine will roll out shortly. So, this makes me think it was written in early 2004. As such, it's information that's almost two years old. That's a risk of reading information online - it can hang around forever and if it's not dated, readers have no way to know if it's current. 2) A lot of people make the mistake that the article does - saying "no one USES those little search engines anyway, they just use the big 6, so it's a waste of time to submit to smaller engines. And yet - the "big" search engines factor linkback into your ranking. Linkback refers to the number of sites that link to you as well as the VALUE of the sites that link to you. A lot of those little search engines have a page rank of 5 or 6 -- higher than most average websites. Getting listed in the small engines, thus, can be good for your ranking. Thought you might appreciate a different perspective. If you'd like a few more good resources; Here's the advisory forum on search engines http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShow.aspx?ForumID=7227 And my advisory forum on profit online http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShow.aspx?ForumID=7702 And you might enjoy some of these horror stories; http://www.google-this.com/search-engine-stories.html Hope you don't mind the feedback, but I wanted people to know the article at webcredible isn't current. : ) Linda
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!