Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Carol Salisbury

227 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Search Engine Submissions
10/3/2005 4:45:52 PM
Thanks for the info David! Whew, there is so much to learn about marketing... things change so fast... I'm glad you're helping us to learn! Blessings!
+0
10/3/2005 7:34:39 PM
That's a very good information, Thank you David! I have deffo bookmark it, great website to learn about SEO. Regards,
+0
Marion Tucker

2751 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/3/2005 7:56:52 PM
Hi David, Now this is interesting! So now we should go with directories and forums. Wonder if affiliate programs are okay to list? Any ideas here? Blessings, Marion
Highest Paying Business Network In The World! http://goldie.secretdm.com/getinfo.html NEW REVOLUTIONARY ANTI-AGING BREAKTHROUGH!!! NO MORE PILLS OR JUICE, just spray nutrients in your mouth! http://Goldie.AliveMax.com
+0
10/3/2005 8:07:28 PM
Actually the place to focus is really customers. Everything we do needs to be answering the question the customer asks, you have 10 seconds at most to answer it for them, "What's in it for me?" As far as affiliation goes I got these tips from Cody Moya ... 19 avoidable errors when promoting your affiliate program In this article, I have listed a quick and easy bulleted list of does and do not’s when trying to promote your affiliate program. 1. Many affiliate marketers make a huge mistake of posting their ads on forums. Forums can be used to promote your affiliate programs and your website but in a proper manner. Posting banners is very similar to spamming and may easily upset forum administrators. 2. Always do your research before promoting your affiliate program to a potential customer. Do not offer affiliate programs to visitors who are not at all interested in the products associated with the program. This is a futile endeavor. 3. If you promote affiliate programs offered by other merchants, ensure that you develop your own advertising copy. Many websites commit a common mistake of using the same advertising copy as used by the merchant themselves. 4. Avoid Copyright infringement in all cases. Always use original content or ask permission to use graphic images or text found on other websites. 5. Do not submit your programs to free websites. These may be free but your programs would hardly ever be noticed, especially by Search Engines. Moreover, your own ranking would get lowered if you submit your affiliate programs to such websites. 6. Avoid using caps on your web page or email ad. Using caps is symbolic to shouting, which never goes well with potential customers. A few words may be written in capital text to give them additional emphasis. However, such practice should be limited. 7. Always respond to all queries sent by visitors as soon as possible. A slight delay in your response could easily result in loss of a potential client. 8. Do not use pop-up ads along with your webpage. Most surfers are likely to close their browser if they come across pop-ups. 9. Do not host your website on a free server or use free email accounts. This gives a negative impression to visitors. Using free hosts and email accounts looks cheesy and loses sales. 10. Many websites do not have an opt-in list. Create an opt-in and opt-out list for your visitors. Without these,there is no way of tracking potential customers. Visitors should be allowed to opt-in at any time as well as opt-out at any time. 11. Most sites have a poor tracking mechanism. It is essential that you track all business activities. Accurate record keeping is crucial. There are many software tools, discussed earlier in this chapter, than can automate your record keeping process with minimal error. 12. A 'mall' site is best used as a central hub to send visitors to your other domains. As a main or only site, unfocused mall sites don't get traffic from the engines, and they don't convert well to sales. Highly focused theme sites attract traffic and sales. 13. Offline advertising may not be effective. A lot of money and effort should not be wasted on offline advertising. Most people rarely check websites that are advertised in local magazines or newspapers. 15. Avoid focus on animated banner ads. These simply use up bandwidth, thus making web pages load slower. 16. While advertising do not degrade other competitors. It is recommended that you highlight your products’ uniqueness and superiority but never mortify other products. 17. Banners or text links that expire are guaranteed to eventually send your visitor to a broken link or show a broken graphic on your page. Time sensitive advertising is best used only in email advertising campaigns. 18. Never put affiliate links on your homepage. This is similar to asking your visitors to leave immediately. Give them a chance to browse, sign up for your newsletter and decide that they'd like to come back to your place before introducing them to your affiliates. 19. Technology changes with amazing speed. To keep up with this rapidly evolving industry, you must invest time and money in research. The investment is a tax write-off, and will pay you back many times over in additional revenue. Hopefully this list has proven helpful to you and has shown you some red flags to avoid when it comes time to promote your own affiliate site. .:FEATURED ARTICLE:. 10 Web Site Design And Writing No-No's 1. Don't load your web site with a lot of high tech clutter. Your visitors may miss your whole sales message. 2. Don't use unnecessary words or phrases on your site. You only have so much time to get your visitor's attention and interest; make ever word count. 3. Don't make the mistake that everyone will totally understand your web site message. Use descriptive words and examples to get your point across. 4. Don't write your strongest point or benefit only once. You should repeat it at least 3 times because some people may miss it. 5. Don't push all your words together on your web site. People like to skim; use plenty of headings and sub headings. 6. Don't use site content your target audience isn't interested in. If people are coming to your site to find info about fishing don't include soccer content. 7. Don't use 50 different content formats all over your web site. Use the same fonts, text sizes, text colors, etc. 8. Don't use words your web site visitors might not understand. People are not going to stop and look in a dictionary, they will just go to another site. 9. Don't let selling words and phrases go unnoticed. Highlight important words and phrases with color, bolding, italics, underlining, etc. 10. Don't forget to use words that create emotion. All people have emotions, people will have more interest when they are emotionally attached.
DrDA Detox and Heal
435-616-5480 - dblack@dbresearchlc.com
Hello Healthy
No Stress
+0
Marion Tucker

2751 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/3/2005 9:52:17 PM
Wow, very good advise David! Thank you very much for this. On my FGG biz I was told to copy wording off the site as they do not want us to give false info so that is what I did in my forum except for the one I told my story on how I joined. We are able to use info given to us in conference calls though so my next one will be something I have learned there. One thing FGG does have is a very good built in tracking system plus autoresponder messages and other great tools. I was surprised to hear that offline advertising in newspapers was not effective. I am going to try flyers though I think. Blessings, Marion
Highest Paying Business Network In The World! http://goldie.secretdm.com/getinfo.html NEW REVOLUTIONARY ANTI-AGING BREAKTHROUGH!!! NO MORE PILLS OR JUICE, just spray nutrients in your mouth! http://Goldie.AliveMax.com
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!