Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: It's Never Too Late to Lose Weight
2/14/2006 7:36:35 PM
Hi, Ivy Thanks for posting your experiences here. That's very interesting! I have followed vegetarian and near-vegetarian diets in the past, but had developed a near-pathological fear of not getting enough protein when I realized I am borderline hypoglycemic. Thanks for the link to the story...I'll check it out. Cheri
+0
Ivy
Ivy Teo

60 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/14/2006 11:14:40 PM
According to Dr Day what is important is that we get the daily balanced nutritions our bodies needs to function at it's best from the correct sourse. In her Video Diseases don't just happen she explains why meat/chicken/fish are not good for us and why they make us sick instead of healthy. She explains why it's healthier to get the nutritions from fruit/vegetables/grains/seeds. She uses a whiteboard to explain in deep detail every illness from heart/diabetes/cancer/arthritis etc. Why perscription drugs only treats the symptons rather than the course than she provides you with the solution and why it works. I purchased a number of her videos and intend to purchase the whole set. Everything she says is just plain common sence.
Ivy.J.T. Delivering Traffic Strategies Used To Build A Successful Online Business -In An Easy To Digest And 'take Action On' Manner... Week By Week! Click Here! Every Thing You Need To Learn How To Become Successful Online Is Just A Click Away. Click Here!
+0
Ivy
Ivy Teo

60 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/14/2006 11:57:08 PM
What can we do? 1. DON'T believe the government. They have no interest in protecting you. They are protecting big business and their own jobs. 2. Stop eating ALL animal products. Stop eating meat, poultry, dairy products and eggs. 3. Stop eating processed food. Most of it contains animal products, even though you would never suspect it. 4. Do not assume animals in the wild are not infected. They are. 5. Stop eating sugar or sugar containing foods. Sugar is "whitened" with bone meal. 6. Start eating a diet of fruit, grains and vegetables in their most natural form. The plan is on my videos "You Can't Improve on God" and "Diseases Don't Just Happen." This plan will allow you to be FREE of ALL disease, not just "Mad Cow Disease." 7. Make a determination to eventually get off all medications. (Don't stop them abruptly. That can be dangerous) Many medications contain animal products. In addition, drugs NEVER cure disease, and they ALL have dangerous side-effects. When you start following the Ten Natural Laws of Health as detailed on my video, "You Can't Improve on God" you will eventually be able to slowly decrease your drug dosages and then stop them entirely. Mad Cow Disease will be a Global Epidemic that will make AIDS look like a "walk in the Park." But YOU can be safe from the danger. You don't have to be afraid. If your immune system is working properly because you are eating the right diet and living the right lifestyle, disease can't touch you. Learn how to rebuild your immune system and the immune system of those you care about. The plan is very straight-forward and EVERYTHING in the plan is FREE, except for food, and you have to buy that anyway. The Plan to REBUILD your IMMUNE SYSTEM by natural methods is on my videos "You Can't Improve on God" and "Diseases Don't Just Happen." http://www.drday.com To Order Videos Call: 1-800-574-2437 Addendum: These problems were predicted OVER 100 years ago. Talk about a prophet! Read these quotations! The following quotations were written OVER 100 YEARS AGO by the most prolific woman author of non-fiction in the U.S., Ellen White! (Notice the year written at the end of each quotation): "Disease in cattle is making meat eating a dangerous matter...Disease is contracted by the use of meat. The diseased dflesh of these dead carcasses is sold in the market places, and disease among men is the sure result. "There is no safety in the eating of the flesh of dead animals, and in a short time the milk of the cows will also be excluded from the diet... In a short time it will not be safe to use anything that comes from the animal creation." (Written in 1898) "Physicians who claim to understand the human organism ought not to encourage their patients to subsist on the flesh of dead animals. They should point out the increase of disease in the animal kingdom. The testimony of examiners is that very few animals are free from disease, and that the practice of eating largely of meat is contracting diseases of all kinds, -- cancers, tumors, tuberculosis and numbers of other like affections." (1897) "Swine's flesh above all other flesh meats, produces a bad state of the blood. Those who eat freely of pork can not help but be diseased...The eating of pork has produced scrofula, leprosy and cancerous tumors. Pork eating is still causing the most intense suffering to the human race. (1865) "The light given me is that it will not be very long before we shall have to give up using any animal food. Even milk will have to be discarded. Disease is accumulating rapidly...man has cursed the earth. The habits and practices of men have brought the earth into such a condition that some other food than animal food must be substituted for the human family. We do not need flesh food at all." (1899) "Could you know just the nature of the meat you eat, could you see the animals when living from which the flesh is taken when dead, you would turn with loathing from your flesh meats. The very animals whose flesh you eat, are frequently so diseased that, if left alone, they would die of themselves; but while the breath of life is in them, they are killed and brought to market. You take directly into your system poison of the worst kind, and yet you don't realize it." (1870) "Many die of diseases wholly due to meat eating, when the real cause is scarcely suspected by themselves or others. Some do not immediately feel its effects, but this is no evidence that it does not hurt them. It may be doing its work surely upon the system, yet for the time being the victim may realize nothing of it." (1890) "In many places fish become so contaminated by the filth on which they feed as to be a cause of disease. This is especially the case where the fish come in contact with the sewage of large cities. The fish that are fed on the contents of the drains may pass into distant waters, and may be caught where the water is pure and fresh. Thus when used as food they bring disease and death on those who do not suspect the danger." (1905) Wake Up America! http://www.drday.com
Ivy.J.T. Delivering Traffic Strategies Used To Build A Successful Online Business -In An Easy To Digest And 'take Action On' Manner... Week By Week! Click Here! Every Thing You Need To Learn How To Become Successful Online Is Just A Click Away. Click Here!
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/24/2006 9:38:48 AM
Hello, everyone. In the months since I first posted this thread I've considered deleting it several times, because I promptly lost interest in eating properly. Story of my life, lol. Recently I had a sobering conversation with my doctor, though. On my last visit, my blood pressure was slightly elevated. My doctor told me she would put me on blood pressure medication if it was a true reading, and sent me home to take several readings on my own, away from the possibility of "white-coat syndrome." Let me tell you, the last thing in the world I want right now is a diagnosis of a lifestyle disease on my record. We are working toward freeing my husband from his 8-5 job and will soon be responsible for our own health insurance. Fortunately, it was a false alarm...my blood pressure is fine as far as the doctor is concerned. About 118 over 70, not bad, right? Unless you know that for most of my life it's been more like 110 over 65. That tells me I need to get serious about losing weight. But I couldn't face another deprivation diet, not even my favorite one, Eight Minutes in the Morning. That one has a quick-start week with only a 1000 calorie a day plan. Not healthy! With low blood sugar (actually insulin resistance, another lifestyle disease), it's actually counterproductive. Then a friend brought to my attention a book called The Bread for Life Diet. Did that start alarm bells ringing in your head? CARBS!!!! Well, don't worry. We're talking about the good kind of carbs here, whole grains and low-glycemic carbs from legumes, vegetables, a few fruits and more whole grains. It's too early to tell whether this is a permanent lifestyle change. I'm in the honeymoon phase, happily munching on 4-5 meals a day that each contain a healthy helping of bread or legumes, lots of veggies, a moderate amount of fruit and of course lots and lots of water. It works out to around 1500 calories a day, a healthy amount for a person my size. (I'm 5'3" if I stand tall.) Do you know what happens when you are constantly eating those things and drinking water? You always feel full. In fact, I'm having trouble consuming all the bread I'm supposed to have each day. I've lost 3 and half pounds in 4 days, but don't get excited. You always lose like that when changing your eating habits. It's mostly water. It wouldn't even be healthy for the long haul. I'm aiming for 1-2 pounds a week. I'll keep you posted as time goes by. Cheri PS Ivy, while I don't agree with the extreme of not eating any animal products, it turns out the rest of your advice (in your post just above) is quite similar. It's also very similar to a treatise titled The Word of Wisdom, a writing of Joseph Smith. My Mormon friends introduced me to it some years ago. I should have adopted it! Ah well, it's never too late!
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!