Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kathy Clark

172 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
My Travels
9/19/2005 1:47:08 AM
It is surprising to me that more people haven't responded to this new Forum under Places & Travel titled ALASKA. Guess I thought more people would be interested. There have been quite a few that have viewed these threads, but very few that have commented. Maybe it is just too remote to most people. They don't know what to say about it. There is a curiosity, but they still think of Alaska as a land of ice and snow and igloos. Most people would be so surprised if they were to experience Alaska up close and personal. The beauty is breathtaking, regardless of what part of the year. It the Winter, it is a winter wonderland. But in the Summer, what a surprise. It is green and plush. Full of wild flowers and berries. The mountain streams are cold and clear. They are music to my ears. The lakes are blue and you can see all the way to the bottom. When you walk through the brush or the wooded areas, you don't fear snakes. You can even swim without fear of snakes. Yes, you can swim in Alaska. In late June, after several days of 24 hour sunshine, some lakes actually get almost warm (burr). Well, if you get in and turn blue, you will be fine and can enjoy the swim. But don't get out until you are finished, because you don't want to go thru that again. We have waded thru creeks, fishing, and gold panning. Yes, it is cold water, but so clean and clear. I love listening to the rushing water. Most of the lakes are spring fed, but some come right from thawing glaciers in the mountains. You can read all about my life growing up in Alaska at http://www.JimAndKathysCorner.com It is a work in progress and a labor of love. I love talking about Alaska, even though I left it in 1988. My heart is still there, and I look for every opportunity to return. My youngest sister was born there and all four of my children were born in Alaska. We have all migrated away from there, but we think about it all the time. My oldest son, Ed, is still there. Edward Sutton is one of the newest members of AdLandPro. You might want to invite him to your friends list. He lives in the Kenai Area of Alaska and loves to hunt and fish. I hope to hear from you as you read thru these threads and check my website. If you have any questions, just ask. This is my favorite subject.
+0
Kathy Clark

172 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: My Travels
9/19/2005 1:53:36 AM
I mentioned you don't find snakes in Alaska, however, you might come upon a BEAR or a MOOSE. I have never had a huge problem with either of these. Most of the wild animals won't bother you if you leave them alone. Just give them lots of respect and keep your distance. One of the big treats is being able to see all the wildlife. It is all there. Eagles, caribou, moose, wolves, and bears. We have had moose bedding down in our back yard in the winter. We have had a black bear in our restaurant. So many stories. Stay tuned......
+0
Craftie Linda

1349 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
9/19/2005 6:54:00 AM
Thanks for this gorgeous story and link. Linda
+0
Kathy Clark

172 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/19/2005 4:20:26 PM
Linda, You are welcome. Thanks for reading and responding.
+0
re-travel
7/30/2007 10:07:05 AM

http://www.worldventures.com/newdotbiz/flash/dvd2.swf

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!