Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Melvin James

38 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Small Business
8/24/2009 3:07:31 PM
Everyone knows that small businesses are the back bone of the economy, what do you think needs to be done to get them alive thriving and hiring again? 
+0
Mark Gibson

236 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Small Business
8/24/2009 3:28:45 PM
Melvin, I own 2 small traditional businesses (The Siding Man for 16 years and HeartLand KVAR, LLP that we just started). If the government would have given us small business owners a tax break of gave us some of that stimulus money that would have been better then bailing out the automakers and etc. Or get the government out of everybody's business. Or we could just get rid of someone. LOL Regards, Mark
To YOUR success, Mark Gibson mystuff@cards4u.ws www.cards4u.ws
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/24/2009 6:38:22 PM

Hi,

This is an international problem.

We all need to take it as an opportunity.

Small businesses are an important part of the UK economy too and frequently lead the field in innovation.

Firstly, It has never been more important to share resources. This where local business clubs can make a difference. They all need to cut the wholesale competition mentality and instead learn to co-operate. Shared advertising is a great example. A small business probably can't afford a large newspaper ad or a cinema film, but a group can. A ingle hone number with a shared secretarial answering service cuts costs and as professionalism.

Business needs to be able to encompass new technology, again shared resourses. Get a web designer to do an upbeat website with multiple links. Many city business websites lack excitement and offer bland landing pages with dull text advert links.

A small business could offer a commission based scheme. "You bring me new guaranteed business and I will give you a finders fee on completion"

Even as non business people we could approach local business and ask them how we can help them to compete for your order. Example, they may not be able to supply tyres (sorry, USA tires?) for your motor as cheaply as the next big city BUT they might be able to collect and return your motor to your place of work. Ask!

Another example: Local gardening company working in a drought area might get together with a plumber and offer irrigation or just plain water storage systems. It works, I know.

Support local business. Tell them why they aren't competing and help them to do so.

Look for new opportunities in bad times. Here in the UK gold buying companies are heavily advertising for second-hand gold objects.I dare say it's the same in other countries?

It's a case of LISTENING to what people want and acting.

Good times will come again but they will be different.

Roger

+0
8/24/2009 9:07:04 PM

Melvin,

It depends.

How small is "small"?

My ugly website makes you better in MLM in 2 minutes. Seriously. http://realmlmlife.com
+0
Mark Gibson

236 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/24/2009 10:09:45 PM
This is Mark Gibson again and adding to what the gentlemen from the UK said I have another way for small businesses to get business. I have been using SendOutCards (SOC) for over two years to send thank you cards to potential customers to thank them for giving me the opportunity to bid on their project(s) and to send thank you cards along with a small gift (normally brownies) to my paying customers after we finish their project. When doing so I accomplish two things: 1. Letting my customer know I appreciate them giving me their work and asking for referrals and offering them $50 for each one that buys either windows or siding from me. 2. What other contracting company is doing that? NONE! SO what if you did this for your small business? It does not matter what kind of business you have if you are service orientated I can show you how to do this for as little as $1.04 for the card. SOC prints, stuffs, stamp and mails the cards for you and if you choose you can add a gift of your choice from a huge gift list for a additional charge. Watch the 10 minute film and then get in touch with me and I will be more then happy to work with you and show you more of SOC. http://www.WatchTheFilmNow.com Regards, Mark Gibson cards@cards4u.ws Chouteau, OK USA 918-476-4434
To YOUR success, Mark Gibson mystuff@cards4u.ws www.cards4u.ws
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!