Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Bible Verse Contest- word of the week _Friendship 07/15-22/09
8/18/2009 11:54:20 AM

Thank you Nimi for your contributions :)

Awesome scriptures!

AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
8/18/2009 6:46:56 PM
Hi Thomas, Where is evrybody......did I scare them away?..lol well,looks like I will have to keep it going......hahaha Only When... © Shariz Friendship is a rare jewel that shines, Only when you give it a sunny smile Friendship is a lock that opens, Only when you unlock your true self to it Friendship is a song, which is sung, Only when you know its rhythm Friendship is a dream, which comes true, Only when you believe in it Friendship is a sun, which rises, Only when your heart has set on it Friendship is a throne, on which you can sit, Only when you share your kingdom with it Friendship is a path, which you will find, Only when you know you are lost Friendship is a hand that holds yours, Only when you extend yours Friendship is an album of reminiscences, which you can leaf through, Only when you cherish it Friendship is a lamp, which lights, Only when you know it will assuage your heart Friendship is a lantern, which glows, Only when you need the warmth of it Friendship is a language, which you speak, Only when you know the meaning of it Friendship is a potpourri of feelings, which you can smell, Only when you have a true friend…
+0
8/18/2009 6:49:10 PM
Some general teaching about friendship. In the first place, the Bible says, "A man that hath friends must show himself friendly" (Prov. 18: 24). Some are too distant to form friendships. There is great value in friendship. "Two are better than one," wrote the wise man (Eccl. 4: 9). A true friend will stand by, even in times of trouble. "A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity," the Bible says (Prov. 17: 17). To the converse, the Bible speaks of false friends when it warns, "Confidence in an unfaithful man in time of trouble is like a broken tooth, and a foot out of joint" (Prov. 25: 19). There are some people that are not desired to be friends. For instance, "Make no friendship with an angry man; and with a furious man thou shalt not go" (Prov. 22: 24). A true friend will tell us when we are wrong. Hear the Bible, "Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful" (Prov. 27: 6). Genuine friends must be cherished and not forsaken (Prov. 27: 10). biblequestions.org
+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/18/2009 8:37:16 PM

Thank you Nimi and no you didnt scare anyone away ,

probly me but hey i still do what i do and that is to praise God in anyway :) Thank you Nimi for your contributions and yes of course your friendship, the interactions of the scriptures and in your own words is exactly how one should live.

I take pride in my self to live as best as i can for my rabbi, to help and save the lost and to spread the Gospels,

no matter what Niche im in lol

AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
8/19/2009 4:44:06 PM
God, the true Friend of humans, does not want to stay on the outs with his people. He does not abandon them. He will give them and us a fresh start by calling Abraham, who is designated the "friend of God." Later God will speak to Moses face to face, as to a "friend." Other celebrated biblical stories about friendship include Ruth and Naomi, David and Jonathan, Mary and Elizabeth, and Jesus and his disciples. Jesus and His Friends Jesus, Mary's son, helps transform human lives. In John's Gospel (15:12-17), he will call his disciples friends, not slaves or servants. Elsewhere he will also call tax collectors and sinners his friends and eat with them. Someone has called this kind of table fellowship the pre-Easter scandal, prior to the scandal of the cross. Jesus will be willing to suffer and even to lay down his life for his friends. Jesus enjoyed a special friendship with his disciples Peter, James, and John, who were privy to many personal and critical moments in Jesus' life, such as the raising of a girl to life, the transfiguration, and the agony in the garden. John is often called the disciple whom Jesus loved, and it was he to whom Jesus entrusted his own mother.7 Copyright Spiritual Life Fall 2002
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!