Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Can Cats Be Toilet Trained?
8/11/2009 9:47:32 AM
I don't have the time or patience for this one - we are happy with our litter box!
I did have a friend with a kitty named Oscar who did this, I don't know how Oscar felt about it.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Finding an alternative to the high price and unpleasant odor of kitty litter is usually of great importance to cat owners. Dealing with cat droppings may make their owners wonder if there's a more sanitary way to handle it that eliminates kitty litter. An easier, more sanitary way does exist. Just like humans, cats can be trained to use the toilet. Cats can be trained to do their business in the toilet, however they cannot be taught how to flush it.

You might think that cats can't use the toilet, and that this is just crazy. However, it really is true. Instead of using kitty litter, you can teach your cat to do their business in the bathroom through toilet training. The image of Tiger reading a newspaper or magazine on the toilet has probably popped into your head. This isn't far from the truth, despite its humor. Your cat will be sitting on the toilet, but they will obviously not be reading.

Getting cats to use their basic instincts is key to getting a cat on the toilet. Training them not to cover their droppings with kitty litter is an instinct you will need to retrain. Over time, this can be achieved. Plenty of patience with your cat will be required. After all, you are asking your cat to use the toilet. For easy access, most cat owners leave the kitty litter on the floor. For cats, going from the floor to the toilet is the hardest part to learn.

When toilet training a cat, perhaps you might wonder if age comes into play. It does not matter how old a cat is; they can be toilet trained at any age. All you need to do is to get your cat on the toilet, because this is an instinctual behavior. As you dispose of the kitty litter, your cat will take care of the rest.

Kathy is known expert on toilet train a cat. Visit this site cats toilet training and get more information about it.

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Can Cats Be Toilet Trained?
8/11/2009 10:25:03 AM
Hi Joyce,

You tickle me, I am so glad to see you so interested in your cats.  I knew they could be toilet trained and I think that is a wonderful idea. But have never taken the time to do it.

One thing I have found out about you is you do things the right way.  Bless you.

Hugs,
Myrna
                                              I think this is so cute

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/12/2009 9:16:01 PM
Hi Joyce, I have heard of toilet training cats but it seems like it would be difficult. If we leave the toilet seat up accidentally at least two of my cats will jump on it and drink the water! Yuck! I don't know how you would train them to use the toilet properly, rather than treating it like a big water bowl! DonnaZ
+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/13/2009 9:45:44 AM
Hi Donna,
I don't care for the idea much.
We domesticate too much of the instinct out of the animal and it could die if left to fend for itself.

Many animals had to be left here after the storm-in the chaos people were forbidden to take them.

I didn't have any but right before I left I saw a big orange cat pacing atop the shed in my back yard.

The only thing I could think of to do was to toss a loaf of bread across to her-there was about 4 feet of water between she and I.

I like to think that my Cali and the new cats are from her. She will sit by the door until I come home even if it is 2 hours sometimes-other times she just hides until I get home.

+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/13/2009 11:26:01 PM

Hi Joyce,

Even here in Indiana I worried about the people of New Orleans and all the pets during and after the hurricane. That was a horrible event, beyond belief.

DonnaZ

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!