Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
The most embarrassing singing experience you've had
8/10/2009 10:15:24 AM
I remember singing the National Anthem at a big event. I got to the line "and the rockets red glare" and totally went blank. Since that song can't be ad-libbed, I had nothing but silence to offer. The few others who were singing along in the crowd stopped when I did. My mom (I was 16 at the time) came on to the field and helped me out.
Al Koehn
+0
Mary Guariglia

126 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: The most embarrassing singing experience you've had
8/10/2009 5:16:51 PM
Hi AL that is great!

Mine is similar! I was in Jr High (8th grade) and I was up on stage in the auditorium on Arbor day singing, no less.."I Talk To the Trees" Not sure of the name, but that was such a great song and I sang it well. I got to a verse and like you, went blank! I was mortified. Thought a second which felt like eons...and started all over again.

Since then, now how many years later, I do not sing on stages. I do sing, but not in front, but with large groups of people for fun, not profession!

Things like that can destroy a career if one lets it. I am and became the visual artist which my older Sister is the Opera singer and younger Brother is the composer. Music in our genes.

Now I am a mentor for Free with network marketers and love helping others.
Mary Guariglia 516-536-0750 chi_mariji@yahoo.com “Our Character is our Fate." - Heraclitus.
+0
Re: The most embarrassing singing experience you've had
8/10/2009 5:31:02 PM
Mary, How often I've worked with singing students who carry huge, constrictive baggage which began years ago with an innocent statement by a parent or friend, or from occurrences like you described. We all should be more careful when we criticize or make derogatory statements, especially with children. We could be destroying their chances of living some of their dreams. I'm an internet marketer and will be heading for your site very soon to see how you can help my business. Al Koehn
Al Koehn
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!