Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
BCN NEWS GRABS DEFENDING LETTER FROM KNIGHT OF COLUMBUS
8/2/2009 2:00:31 AM

Baltimore, Md. - A former member of the Knights of Columbus and one of their self proclaimed, " top third " Insurance Agents, John O’Gorman, of Winthrop, MA. has been on a letter writing campaign for over a decade now, making wild accusations, perpetrating his gossip style of propaganda known as the LIFE JOHN SERIES as somehow being " All The News You Need To Know About The Knights." In his last installment, this sad, disgruntled individual once again finds a soap box to complain, but offers no real solution over what he reports on; it's still nothing more than " his so-called facts " that lead the reader down the road to deception, and a covert cry for donations.

During one letter writing campaign, The LIFE JOHN SERIES caught the attention of one of the orders Grand Knights in Baltimore, Maryland, and who found the time to comment on Mr.O’Gorman's, series.

Here below is that unedited letter of reply:

In my humble opinion, Mr. John O’Gorman, the author of this tirade, would see the Knights of Columbus turned into some sort of “Thought Police”, and deny EVERYONE their God-given free will to make choices they see as best overall, which in some cases seems to be the lesser evil.  I have seen many of these “my way or the highway” demands float by my e-mail over the last year, condemning everyone who is anyone in mainstream politics. 

I would be the first to recognize that many of these mainstream politicians have different opinions than those of the Church and supported by the Knights, when it comes to abortion, homosexuality and other moral issues.  Well, then, I believe that God has tasked us to find the way to convince them of the value of our opinion, not to condemn them for the public proclamation of theirs.  If we, as Knights of Columbus, and Catholics, cannot reason with those with whom we disagree, and be the conduit for the Lord to put HIS words into our mouths, then WE have failed, not those politicians whose positions differ from us. 

God has never said to any of his children to judge and condemn another of his children.  In fact, God HAS told us NOT to judge, lest we ourselves are judged.  If Pope Benedict can sit down with Barack Obama, discuss these issues, and close the meeting stating that there is more agreement than disagreement between them, then who am I, and who is John O’Gorman, to say otherwise?  The world is full of people all too quick to point out where problems can be found, but far more empty of people who can find a reasonable solution to them.

I will not be the former, but will pray that God may find a way to use me to fill the role of the latter.  And please feel free to forward this onto Mr. O’Gorman; perhaps it will give the gentleman something to consider where he can make a difference right away!

Bob Dannenfelser

Grand Knight #12048

Our Lady of Hope Council

To: LIFE JOHN
Sent: 8/1/2009 3:59:28 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS; PRO-ABORTION CATHOLIC POLS, 1/AUG/2009

KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS, 51 MILLION ABORTIONS SINCE 

ROE V. WADE; PRO-ABORTION CARDINAL;

GAY MARRIAGE…MORE CHURCH SCANDALS!

Cardinal Sean O’Malley, K of C, supported his 6 Caritas Christi hospitals in abortion referral on 12/Mar/09. In Dec ’05, he let Catholic Charities give an award to Boston Mayor Tom Menino, a Pro-Abortion Catholic who leads the Gay Pride Parade every year. City Clrs. Michael Flaherty and John Tobin, both K of C, also marched. Fr. Walter Cuenin is a K of C homosexual advocate. State Deputy Dick Guerriero failed to suspend Pro-Abortion politicians I exposed, but he signed an open letter endorsing Mitt Romney - who introduced gay marriage and flip-flopped on abortion! Ray Flynn, K of C, former Vatican Ambassador, voted for Pro-Abortion Hillary Clinton (Boston Herald 6/Feb/08). On 4/May/08, Supreme Advocate (lawyer) Paul Devin, who gave money to Pro-Abortion politicians Ted and Joe Kennedy (OpenSecrets.org), ruled that a State Convention resolution by GK Joe Craven to suspend Pro-Abortion/Pro-Gay politicians was "unconstitutional".  Paul Devin retired in disgrace in Feb 2009.

I was in the top third as a K of C insurance agent: Lancer E. Division Report, y-t-d June 1999. General Agent Rodney Shropshire, showing great hostility towards my Pro-Life work, reassigned me to a small poor territory.  Months later, he terminated my contract as a “failure”. VP Agencies, Tom Smith ($379,680/yr), countersigned his lie. Letters to Supreme Knight Virgil Dechant ($2,164,805 in 2000, on retirement) and SK Carl Anderson ($1,146,183/yr) are unanswered. Sup. Treas. Deacon Ken Ryan ($208,181/yr) wrote lies, then claimed his signed letter wasn’t his!  SD Tom Ledbetter suspended my membership.  My appeal was rejected as "late" by Sup. Adv. Paul Devin ($387,130/yr), and by Sup. Board of Directors at a show trial held without my knowledge.  
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!