Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Alain Deguire

8052 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
HOW TO... Create Special Graphics for Special Friends
7/15/2009 8:35:10 PM

A Great Friend, our 195th POTW, Patricia asked me how I was doing these Amazing and Special Graphics... After answering her, she suggested that I did a thread in my forum to explain it to my Friends... So, here it is ;-)

For those interested, here is what I do...

There are many steps involved...

1) search the internet for the graphic that would be suitable for what I want to create and save it to my hard drive;

2) come here in Adland and go to the picture - really at the picture page - of the Friend I want to feature and save his/her picture on my hard drive;

3) from where it has been saved on my computer - eg. in My Documents - I will open the picture simply using Microsoft Photo Editor, only if I need to somehow re frame the picture to better fit my needs;

4) then, I will use Microsoft Powerpoint to create it as I want - as I see it in my mind...

a) from Microsoft Powerpoint, import the first graphic saved from the internet and play with the size of it to fill up my originally blank page... so the image becomes full page;

b) from Microsoft Powerpoint, import the picture of my Friend on top of the other one; then, play with the size and place of it in order to have the image that I want;

c) from Microsoft Powerpoint, import a text box to add some text to that newly created picture - like "195th POTW" - and display it where I want it to be; I can again play with the size of it, the character type, the angle of display, the color, etc...

d) from Microsoft Powerpoint, when I am done creating what I want and that new picture is to my taste - hoping it is gonna meet the taste of my Friend - I go to the file tab, select save as - giving it the appropriate name - and, saving it as a picture using the "JPEG File Interchange Format"; this is done!

5) There is one final step... I need to find a place to bring that picture on to the internet and save it there so that I can use it in my different posts... I personally use FlickR @ http://www.flickr.com  I find it being very easy and friendly user.

6) When my newly created picture is saved on to FlickR, I simply do as with any other graphic to go get it and add it to my posts... by getting the actual internet address of the picture.

It might look as being much complicated... This is simply a series of simple steps to follow to make something Special for a very Special FriendWink

Here are some examples...

Have fun with it... And, do not hesitate if you do need any additional info in the process of getting use to it... I will try to help You as much as I can...

With Lots of Friendship,

Blessings,

Alain

+0
John Partington

1560 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: HOW TO... Create Special Graphics for Special Friends
7/16/2009 7:35:16 AM

Hi Alain,

Thanks for a very descriptive explanation on how to add images to forum posts.

I use the enhanced or wysiwyg editor, so the procedure is very different I have information on how to add your affiliate links to images here http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/681510.aspx

It would also seem that some new members and even some who have been with Adlandpro a while still don't know how to use the enhanced editor or wysiwyg and are still using normal text or html to post in forums!

• Well here's the answer go to this forum

Need Help! Don't Know How to use the editor at Adlandpro?
    on how to use it at
    http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/533880.aspx

Best Wishes
  • John.

A Free Add Service For The UK? Go to uk.bexp.org

A Free Add Service For The USA? Go to usa.bexp.org

Please Follow Me on Twitter Click Here

+0
    Alain Deguire

8052 Posts
    Invite Me as a Friend
    Top 25 Poster
    Person Of The Week
    7/16/2009 9:27:10 PM
    Hi John!

Thank You for your visit and your amazing contribution...

This is awesome info and many friends could for sure benefit from it...

Many THANKS!

Blessings,

Alain
    +0
    Rinna Rani

5162 Posts
    Invite Me as a Friend
    Top 50 Poster
    Person Of The Week
    7/17/2009 12:00:31 PM
    Hi Alain D,
    Wow love the explanation but most of all, LOVE THE GRAPHICS... Doesn't everyone look stunning... but most of all, thank you for the effort.

Sunshine,
    Rinna

+0
    Alain Deguire

8052 Posts
    Invite Me as a Friend
    Top 25 Poster
    Person Of The Week
    7/17/2009 5:47:31 PM

WOWWWWWW!

Rinna is visiting me here... I am honored!

THANK YOU so much for your Visit and Kind Words... I am so excited, that I do not know what to say... no words would appropriately show my joy...

So, let's make a Special Graphic for a Very Special Friend...

With Much Friendship and Love,

Blessings,

Big Hugs

Alain

+0

facebook
    Like us on Facebook!