Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
SUNDAY SHOWCASE Featuring_Cindy Forrester 07/11/09
7/11/2009 7:09:11 PM

Greetings Members! Enjoying your summer so far? This weeks Sunday Showcase features a lady, mother, a firm believer in the Lord and business woman.

She hails from Enumclaw, Washington.                         

Proposed Logo

One of the first white settlers in south King County was a man named Allen L. Porter. In 1853, he claimed a 320-acre parcel on the White River about 3 miles west of Enumclaw. He maintained a troubled relationship with the local Smalkamish tribe (some of the ancestors of the Muckleshoot tribe) for some time, but in 1855 his cabin was burned to the ground. Porter, who had been warned in advance by a friend in the tribe hid in the woods until they had left. After warning the settlers at Fort Steilacoom, he left the area, moving to Roy. He would never return to Enumclaw.

Enumclaw itself was homesteaded in 1879 by Frank and Mary Stevenson. In 1885, the Northern Pacific Railroad routed their transcontinental mainline through the site, accepting their offer of cleared, level land on which to build a siding. Confident that the area would grow, the Stevensons filed a plat with King County that same year. They built a hotel, and gave away lots for a saloon and a general store.                

At first the people called the town 'Stevensonville' after the founders, but they soon refused the honor. One resident suggested 'Enumclaw', which was the name of the strange sawed-off promontory north of town. The name's uniqueness gained favor with the locals.

On January 11, 1895 Mount Baldy, a small peak above the town, erupted with tremendous noise and smoke, although no losses or damage were reported. Throughout the 1880s and 1890s the area was farmed for hops. When the hops crop failed due to pests and economic downturn, the residents turned to dairy farming, which has been a mainstay ever since. The first census listing Enumclaw in 1900 put the population at 483 people.

In the 1890s, the Northern Pacific Railroad re-routed their line through Palmer, a few miles to the east of town. In 1910, the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul and Pacific Railroad routed a branch line through Enumclaw.

The city was incorporated on January 27, 1913. In 1929, a much-anticipated route to Eastern Washington was opened across the Naches Pass Highway. In the 1950s Mutual of Enumclaw Insurance Company greatly expanded its business and the home office became a major employer in the town.

Old Enumclaw High School, built in 1921

It is home to the Enumclaw Courier-Herald newspaper and Mutual of Enumclaw, an insurer doing business in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Utah.

The Enumclaw Expo Center annually hosts the King County Fair and the Pacific Northwest Scottish Highland Games, among a number of other exhibitions and festivals. 

As of the census of 2000, there were 11,116 people, 4,317 households, and 2,840 families residing in the city. The population density was 2,842.8 people per square mile (1,097.7/km²). There were 4,456 housing units at an average density of 1,139.6/sq mi (440.0/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 94.25% White, 0.79% Native American, 0.78% Asian, 0.30% African American, 0.11% Pacific Islander, 1.15% from other races, and 2.62% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.42% of the population. 16.6% were of German, 11.3% Irish, 10.3% English, 9.0% American, 7.6% Norwegian and 5.9% Italian ancestry according to Census 2000

There were 4,317 households out of which 37.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 50.0% were married couples living together, 11.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 34.2% were non-families. 29.3% of all households were made up of individuals and 14.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.52 and the average family size was 3.13.

In the city the population was spread out with 29.2% under the age of 18, 7.6% from 18 to 24, 30.3% from 25 to 44, 18.3% from 45 to 64, and 14.5% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 35 years. For every 100 females there were 91.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 85.3 males.                                             

The median income for a household in the city was $43,820, and the median income for a family was $56,270. Males had a median income of $46,060 versus $30,926 for females. The per capita income for the city was $20,596. About 4.3% of families and 8.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 6.3% of those under age 18 and 9.6% of those age 65 or over.

King County originally extended to the Olympic Peninsula. According to historian Bill Speidel, when peninsular prohibitionists threatened to shut down Seattle's saloons, Doc Maynard engineered a peninsular independence movement; King County lost what is now Kitsap County, but preserved its entertainment industry. 

WE LOVE YOU CINDY! :) 

Hi there, let me tell you a little about myself. I grew up in the NW and love this beautiful place. I have "7" children, 5 boys and 2 girls. And have two sweet grandbaby boys. I was divorced several years ago and remarried a wonderful man a couple of years ago, his "4" children were already grown but we still have a full house. I am a strong Christian and want others to know how much the Lord loves and cares for them too. I care about my family and believe its important to be involved in my childrens lives. I still have 3 teenage boys living at home to raise and want them to enjoy the better things in life and have fun. I work part-time and am grateful for that, but my heart wants to be able to have the freedom to be more involved in their lives and have the finances to do so. We struggle from paycheck to paycheck and sometimes wonder how we are going to make it and we live pretty simply. Its all the family and kid things that cost so much; and health care yikes. So I am into this business to be able to have the freedom to breath and not live such a stressful, fast paced life. I want to enjoy life more. Others things that I enjoy are attending sports events (of course with 3 young boys still at home), hanging out with my family and kids, flower gardening (roses being my favorite), taking good care of my health and exercising, hiking, picnics in the park, antiqing, reading, watching old movies on rainy days, volunteering at a pregnancy clinic once a week, and my real passion "ballroom dancing". My husband and I try to have a "date" night weekly. It would be fun to get to know you and what your hope and dreams are for your future. To gain a little more knowledge into this internet business world and to glean from you and hopefully make it a better place because we care. I am tired of the "let's be millionaires no matter who we step on or hurt". I'm not like that, I just want to be financially free to give my children a better life and not have to live so tightly within a budget. I hope that I have encouraged you and that you will be an encouragement to me to hang in there and continue to strive to make those dreams become a reality. Let us help one another in this adventure. May our Heavenly Father richly bless you! Cindy

View Home, business, family & great resources's web site

http://community.adlandpro.com/go/cindyforrester/default.aspx

AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: SUNDAY SHOWCASE Featuring_Cindy Forrester 07/11/09
7/11/2009 7:42:08 PM

Thomas,

Again you bring us a lovely person and one who lives her life through christian principles.

Cindy, I loved reading your profile and that of your town. I am lucky to have visited in passing the North West. It is much like the area in England where I live. High and heavily wooded with similar climate but a little wetter and warmer in Winter.

I really wish you well in your quest to improve your finances by fair means. I have found ways of combining comfortably my beief in the Law of Attraction with my christian beliefs. I understand that God provides the best for us if we are willing to understand that it is a gift not to be abused but shared.

I will ask you to join my group of friends if I have failed to do so before.

Your family has my prayers.

Roger

+0
7/11/2009 8:17:43 PM
Hello Cowboy this is really an interesting showcase this week. This lady knows what she wants in life and is willing to go after it. You gotta respect that. I respect you too Cowboy. Did you know that. you do an amazing job every week of bringing us the Showcase. thank You thomas Cindy,, it is inspiring to see someone that is still so full of dreams after having lived so much life. After 7 children and a divorce, a lot of people would have hung up the towell. I wish you the best of luck in all that you do and you just keep chasing those dreams. that's the only way they will ever come true..
May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0
Mary Hannan

6209 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/12/2009 6:21:43 PM

Hello  Bro. Thomas,

Great choice!

Cindy!

Enjoy your week!

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/12/2009 9:08:47 PM
Hi Cindy,

Nice to see you in the Sunday Showcase,.  Thomas does a wonderful job on your town.
Enjoy your week in the spotlight.

Blessings,
Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!