Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dean Beaty

447 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Luther Bridges writer of "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus"
7/1/2009 10:14:18 PM
A Methodist preacher by the name of Luther Bridges, was born in 1884, he married Sarah Veatch and three lovely sons were born of their union. Pastor Bridges accepted an invitation to minister at a conference in Kentucky in the year 1910, so he left his family in the care of his father-in-law and made the trip to Kentucky. There, two wonderful weeks of ministry resulted. The last service closed with great joy and he was excited to be called to the telephone. He couldn't wait to tell his wife about all the blessings. But it wasn't her voice on that long distance line. He listened in silence to the news that a fire had burned down the house of his father-in-law and his wife and all three of his sons had died in the blaze. That distraught father leaned heavily on His Savior and expressed his faith in God during a tearful moment by penning these words: There's within my heart a melody Jesus whispers sweet and low, Fear not, I am with thee, peace, be still, In all of lifes ebb and flow. All my life was wrecked by sin and strife, Discord filled my heart with pain, Jesus swept across the broken strings, Stirred the slumbering chords again. Feasting on the riches of His grace, Resting beneath His sheltering wing, Always looking on His smiling face, That is why I shout and sing. Though sometimes He leads through waters deep, Trials fall across the way, Though sometimes the path seems rough and steep, See His footprints all the way. Soon He's coming back to welcome me, Far beyond the starry sky; I shall wing my flight to worlds unknown, I shall reign with Him on high. Chorus: Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Sweetest Name I know, Fills my every longing, Keeps me singing as I go. Brought to you by The Peacemaker
Keep them out w/ Home Security... Put them out w/ Pepper Spray. http://www.peacemakerpepperspray.com Where YOU are much more than a Customer. And we are much more than a Webstore! To read more poems by Dean go to: http://biblepoemsbydean.com
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!