Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Are you put off by advertising forums?
7/3/2009 5:24:23 PM

Shirley,

This is an important and difficult point.

Adland has a reputation as a good place to do business, after all, Bogdan built a worldwide reputation with classifieds.

We have an unwritten rule in our community that says "Make friends first" before business. That's ok but, as a friend, if I find something REALLY GOOD I want friends to share it. If I send a genuine advert I don't expect to annoy or upset anyone.

The rule I have to assume is "WHEN APPROPRIATE" is ok.

How should we behave?

If others would input it would be great.

Sir Roger

image_castle008-1.gif image by romacmail
+0
Branka Babic

2716 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/3/2009 5:31:08 PM

Hi Roger,

I agree with Shirley.

A few times people came to post at Joe`s Bulletin Board some ads.

I was mad.

There are business forums, and discussion forums.

Only difference would be if Roger, Alain, Myrna ..... Neil, Barb, Kathleen .... do that. If anyone of YOU may do that, I`d pay attention, won`t be mad and would try to give my best to support you.

But no one of you won`t do that ever.

I think, before making any business advertising, people must "advertise" their personality.

There`s no better way to try to make success.

That`s my opinion.

Hugs,

B.

So,

+0
Valerie Clavin

4235 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/10/2009 5:07:25 PM

Hi Roger,

Advertising is necessary to let others know what you are offering. Of course, the interested party has to be lopoking for the ad. Hence, the special ad threads and/or forums just for the ads. I do get annoyed at ads placed where they do not belong. I do delete them from my forum if placed in the inappropriate thread. I also apologize for any missunderstanding - they should read the forum headers lol - and request they place their ad in the correct thread. I usually include the link to place ads.

New folk do not understand, I used to be one of these, blatant ads will not get them customers or sales. Friends first as Branka and others has stated , if/when interested the friends will inquire to your business venture.

Blessings

Valerie Clavin

Hugs = Priceless

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/10/2009 7:02:43 PM

You are very right Valerie.

There are problems associated with these ADVERTISING FORUMS.

Most people set up a forum and say "Come post here" , lots do but nobody reads.

Others put up a "one business" forum which soon gets boring to most people.

What we really need is a forum where somebody says something like......

"What is the best affiliate program you have belonged to?

When a few GOOD answers come in, THEN, throw that open to everyone to give their findings and good and bad points. By doing this we would all find those programs that work.

There could even be different threads. One for affiliates, one for MLM services, one for MLM products, one for listbuilders etc etc etc

We all have to deal with the "I'm making a fortune - join me - do the same" posts. People aren't being deliberately dishonest they just want to show some credibility.

I HOPE I'M RIGHT in that targeted messages are a little more subtle and if I really think that my friends will gain from something, I WANT TO TELL THEM, however, I would never post an uninvited advert in somebody elses forum.

Pause for breath. Sorry.

Roger

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/10/2009 7:07:50 PM

I've had to post this separately as it was already my intention, at some time soon, to post about my latest thing.

I have been lucky to have gained one of only eight test positions in a soon to be launched MEGA-affiliate directory and store.

I'll leave it there for now but promise details soon.

Why wouldn't I want to share either the opportunity OR the huge range of desireable product?

Roger

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!