Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: The best of the best is what we want.
6/24/2009 8:50:35 PM
Thank you, Sir Roger, we all hope our forums attract attention but sometimes they just don't.  I invite everyone to come and join with us at Expressions of Nature.  We love nature, pictures and stories from our participants.

You are always doing great and wonderful things, my friend. 

Sara
+0
Shirley Birtles

56 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: The best of the best is what we want.Hi Myrna
6/24/2009 9:59:20 PM
I liked your reply. I am new to this whole busines,not really new have belonged to Adland pro for over 2 years but still haven't made any money but I am learning the ropes. When I go on a forum I am not really looking for sites but knowledge on how to get around. And to make friends. When I get a message from someone they are usually advertising their program so I just delete it. Looking forward to hear from you. Shirley Birtles www.ezwealthsolution.com/?r=smbirtles
Shirley Birtles jsbirtles@sasktel.net 306-363-4889
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/25/2009 3:14:12 AM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
John Partington

1560 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/25/2009 7:53:58 AM

image_castle008-1.gif image by romacmail

Hi Roger,

Thanks for this forum, I have noticed a downward trend in the number of members not bothering to participate in forums!

I think the main reason can be found in Kathleen's post, there are many members who think that because the site is called "Adlandpro" they can stick their adds in any forum post they can. I have warnings in my forums to this effect and posters of adds get short shrift along with a message about forum etiquette!

Myrna's post about getting personal messages and friend invitations complete with a why don't you join my business proposal, seems to be endemic with new members. I don't delete or decline the request I just ignore them, and after a week the cron job removes them.

I have also noticed that some members use their about me page as a promotional page, this should be for information about yourself, not what you are promoting. I just wish new members would visit my own webpage here at adlandpro http://community.adlandpro.com/go/114695/myWebPage.aspx where I hopefully give them some useful suggestions to develop their membership.

Roger, you ask about the header image?

Are you using the wysiwyg editor or the plain text?

As you can see it has appeared at the top of this post, I must point out that you can't put this in the post title box!

Ok, to get back to the main discussion about what makes forums interesting!

Make sure your title is appealing, and you don't go mad with sparklies and have too many different colours, no its not a typo thats how colour is spelt in Queens English. You have to remember that there are many members where english is not the first language, so its very easy to upset someone who doesn't fully understand what you are trying to say!

The best advice I can give, is to visit as many forums as you can to see how the owners of the forums have used their imagination and personality within the forum. If you have read this far? Then I hope you will create some interesting forums for us to visit!

Best Wishes

John.

A Free Add Service For The UK? Go to uk.bexp.org

A Free Add Service For The USA? Go to usa.bexp.org

Please Follow Me on Twitter Click Here

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/25/2009 6:38:53 PM

Myrna,

Thank you for the castle.

It will prove a little draughty in winter but as it's summer here in England at present it is magnificent. Anyone who wants to stay? Lots of room, nice dungeons, hardly used since the middle-ages.

I agree with what you say about good subject material for a forum.

Your American Indian forum is great. It is distinct and as you say, attracts those who are interested. My fear is that, like most forums here, the masses disappear and you end up with the same few supporters. My question is why?

I think that it is not just due to disinterest but that many folk lose the thread of what is going on and don't return again to try. I really want to get to the bottom of this.

I intend to make new threads of each aspect of this to see if it maintains bigger interest. I am sure that some people really don't know how to get to page 42 on a long-running forum so just don't bother.

I don't really understand how to use RSS threads so I don't. Question to everyone. Do you?

I hope to invite many who have successful forums top post here. I hope we can all learn something?

Sir Roger

image_castle008-1.gif image by romacmail
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!