Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Well, this requires some thought ..!
6/23/2009 6:13:32 AM

Hi

In a town called Sonkajärvi, in Finland, every year they hold a unique contest.
The idea is for husbands to carry their wives over an obstacle course of .15-mile in a race and win her weight in beer.

It's an obstacle course across sand, asphalt and grass, over logs and through water. She can be carried piggy-back, fireman style or in a posture of your own invention. If you don't win the race, have no worries. You can win most entertaining couple, or couple with the best costume.
Up to this time, no same-sex couples have ever entered the race.

But back to the prize of beer. Do you fatten up your wife for a couple of months beforehand with baked dinners every night, thinking of the 100kg of beer you'll win, but find you're flat out picking her up? Or when you set off with her across your shoulders, all that jiggling flesh bouncing around your head turns the both of you on, and you forget about the beer and race towards the nearest shrubbery.

On the other hand, do you starve her so you can race around the course like a greyhound carrying a twig, but only win a six-pack?

What about the 3rd alternative? Hit the weights 12 months ahead and build yourself up like big Arnie, fatten up the missus and win a pallet of Bud.

It's so hard to find that optimal balance - you want her to weigh more so you can win more beer, but you don't want her to be too heavy so that you can't lift her.

I'll leave it with you...

+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Well, this requires some thought ..!
6/23/2009 7:07:53 AM
G'day John,

Interesting contest ! My hubby would love that one he is an advent beer drinker. I wonder if dragging her by the hair is allowed? If she is too heavy you could drag a while and than carry for a bit.:) Rolling of course could be optional !

Shalom,

Geketa

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/23/2009 6:57:49 PM

Hi Geketa

No way, no rolling or whatever, the contest officiados say: "you marry her, you carry her!"

P.S. I had a problem with putting photos in Adland for a long time. What I do is when I find a photo I like I "save as" to my computer. Then I upload it to my free Blogger.com blog. Then just "copy and paste" from there into Adland. I'm using Blogger.com as a photo storage, more or less.
+0
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/23/2009 7:57:17 PM

Hi Peter

Sorry mate, I deleted one of Geketa's posts (photo didn't come across) and yours went with it it. :) Please accept my apologies.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!