Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Two very unique chicken recipes..!
6/9/2009 6:58:48 PM

Hi,

Two great chicken recipes for you to try -

1. Beer-can chicken:

Have you ever stood drinking a can of Fourex Gold (or Bud for you Yanks) at a barbeque and thought of other uses for a beer can besides drinking the contents? Of course you have, you’re not a complete yobbo, are you?

Simply because you consume beer by the carton doesn’t mean that your brains are on loan until they’re strained out the other end of your anatomy, does it? I know I’ve thought up some weird and wonderful ideas after several tinnies, but I must admit that the following idea is someone elses. Someone of adequate IQ, probably equal to my own brain-power and mental dexterity.

The idea is to shove a half-empty can of beer (preferably Fourex Gold) up a chicken’s rectal cavity, then place it in an oven to cook. Simply grab a plucked and gutted chicken, glaze the skin with your favourite marinade or seasoning and grab a can of beer from the fridge. Drink half of the can while watching the Brisbane Broncos (Denver Broncos), then insert the can with the remaining beer up the chicken’s butt. Place the chicken upright in the Weber (are they still around?) or the oven using the can and the two drumsticks as a tripod.

Apparently this method produces a deliciously moist chicken enhanced by the flavours infused by the evaporating beer. If other recipes using beer are anything to go by, such as fish in beer batter and beer damper (scones), this should be a real tasty bird. And don’t forget to throttle a few more tinnies before, during and after your chicken dinner to really convince your palate that this is indeed beer-can chicken.

2. Chicken with popcorn stuffing:

Here is a chicken recipe that includes the use of
popcorn as a stuffing.

Imagine that! When I found this recipe, I thought
it was perfect for people like me who are just not
sure how to tell when poultry is thoroughly cooked,
but not dried out.

Size 18 chicken
1 cup melted butter
1 cup stuffing
1 cup of uncooked popcorn
Salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 220c.

Brush chicken well with melted butter, salt and
pepper. Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn.
Place in baking pan with the neck towards the
back of the oven. Listen to the popping sounds.
When the chicken’s arse blows the oven door
open and the chicken flies across the kitchen,
it’s done.

And you thought I couldn’t cook.

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Two very unique chicken recipes..!
6/9/2009 7:08:08 PM

Hi John,

I love beer so much, the thought of using it for cooking (or hair-washing) or any non-drinking purpose makes me completely crazy!! But thanks for the popcorn recipe, that's interesting!! 

+0
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/9/2009 7:26:57 PM

Hi Kath,

Thanks for appreciating the recipes.

I'll bet your husband raced you to the altar at an early age. It's every man's dream to marry a lady who loves beer. Think about it, watching football for instance. Instead of going to the fridge, taking out the ingredients and mixing whiskey, ice and ginger ale, and missing half the action, it's 2 tins and back in front of the box, no action missed. That's what I call heaven!

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/9/2009 7:36:41 PM
I married the wrong person,  maybe I'm on the wrong continent. Actually I met him when I was 19 (the drinking age here is 21) and he wouldnt buy me beer very often, what a clod!  Then before I got my drivers license, at an old age, thats another story, I would walk a few blocks and carry home a full case for myself, I don't drink that much anymore, I FORGET WHY NOT!  I think because I have to buy it myself now?  That could be the reason.
+0
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/9/2009 8:29:38 PM

Well Kath, I've drank my fair share of beer, still do to a lesser extent, and I have no health problems (yet). Being a manual worker may have helped, you know, sweat it out next day. And making sure I always ate something as well. I remember once one of my wife's girlfriends was interested in a bricklayer mate of mine, so to impress him she decided to drink glass for glass (15oz schooners of beer) with him one day after work in the local pub. She finished up not knowing whether she was Arthur or Martha, Mable or mad. 
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!