Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: ALL THE FUN OF THE FAIR?
5/30/2009 12:37:50 PM

happy faces

Hi Roger, Friends,

a bunch of happy faces,  these kids had a blast at the wedding :-)

blessings

Pauline
+0
Luka Babic

1031 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/30/2009 12:43:13 PM

Dearest Pauline,

Now I must find the way to bridge the distance best I know, and to HUUUUG you for posting this pics. How great from you, even being in rush, to think of us!

TELL ME PLEASE, WERE NOT ALL IN AWE HOW BEAUTIFUL SHANTI IS ?

If you did not .... find another man ... who knows :) . I hope I am not impolite now ... but I am total heartfelt telling that she is just BEAUTYBEAUTYFUL ...

Please, tell her my best wishes (of course and to her husband). That man had a veeeeery good luck.

Pauline, I must send my compliments to you too. You look much younger than I could read at your profile.

Waiting to read about the customs at India,

Sending you many blessings and hugs!

Luka

+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/30/2009 1:04:19 PM
Dearest Luka,

Ive been reading all the posts here and your concern for the 'gypsies' in your part of the world is very heart warming. I share your concern, and like you I too feel that one must do what ever possible to those around you. My heart does go out to all the less privileged children all over the world especially in Africa and so many war torn countries, but there is only so much we can to for them, well as in our immediate surroundings even if we do something to change the life of one person think of the generations you have changed in the future !!!

I really like the idea you have come up with to help them. I too do similar things to raise funds for what ever the need of the hour is. Even this whole marriage of Shanti's was all sponsored, all our friends family and other supporters of what we do came together for this child. Hindu's Muslims Christians all joined hands with us and we were able to do what we did.

I wish you all the best in what ever effort you put out to help the helpless. God is watching and will surely bring you all the help you need. My prayers go with you always.

Now about finding a husband for Shanti !!! I know this must sound very foreign to you, but here it is the usual practice. In very conventional families the elders look out for suitable brides n grooms for their children. In Shanti's case it went like this..... We were introduced to this boy at our friends salon, we got chatting with him and came to know he was Christian and not married. Later we asked him if he would be interested in meeting a nice girl ? He said yes, and so we took them out for lunch, it was love at first sight for them  :-)  2 months later they came back to us saying they wanted to get married and for us it was a prayer answered cos' we knew the boy was from a good family and that our Shanti would be loved and cherished by them all. No we would not insist that Shanti marry someone just because we say she should. In big cities it is a bit different now but in smaller towns , girls still dont have a say in the choice of a husband, and visa verca too. But thats INDIA all over again !!!  :-)

I pray dear Luka that you get to visit India some time in your life.

Hugs n blessings always

Pauline

+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/30/2009 1:14:12 PM
You are toooo sweet Luka,

thank you for your compliment...gosh we were all so tired that day :-) I will convey your wishes and also Rogers & Myrna's to the couple they will be so happy to receive them I am sure. Thank you for all the wishes.

Thank you for the hugz too Luka, I felf them already through your post here ;-)

I hug you back  precious young man, you make us proud to be your friend!!!

much luv always

Pauline
+0
Kim
Kim Stilwell

273 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/30/2009 10:03:10 PM
My goodness Pauline, what a Beautiful girl! And yes dressed amazingly beautiful also! Appears to be a fine new husband also; handsome young man. Who is this girl? Is she yours? How very sweet to have a sponsored wedding; I think there is a sweetness to that that alot of money can't buy. And you are right-very colorful wedding! I have "always" absolutely loved the colors and the dress in India; always. Actually sometimes I have bought clothes that are from India; very pretty and such rich color! You are pretty people over there. Very Nice Pauline, Kim
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!