Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dean Beaty

447 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
THE CHURCH OF ENTERTAINMENT
5/14/2009 12:54:17 PM
THE CHURCH OF ENTERTAINMENT By Rev. Dean Beaty 5/14/09 John 4:22-24 “Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship:... But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.” (KJV) The age of entertainment has arrived within the Church. For remnants of true worship you would really have to search. With drums upon the platform and a loud ‘lectric guitar, And the speaker dressed in blue jeans or some casual attire. When the audience is aroused by something that is said, You don’t hear an “Amen!” but it’s clapping now instead. Instead of bringing Bibles it’s a shinny coffee mug. And when the spirit moves them they give their drink a chug. This; “Come as you are,” and “Leave as you were,” Is because that entertainment is what they now prefer. This “Casual Christian Culture” is far from pleasing God. To even call it worship is nothing less than fraud. What happened to the reverence of a Holy Righteous God? He has been replaced with a worldly façade. This modern “lukewarm church,” where worship is in doubt, Will end in tragedy and “God will spew them out.”* This age of entertainment has taken us by storm. But when it comes to worship, don’t let this be the norm. The God we serve is “HOLY,” not the “awesome” of our youth. Christ said that we’re to worship Him in Spirit and in Truth.” *Revelation 3:14-16 “And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write…. I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of my mouth.” (KJV)
Keep them out w/ Home Security... Put them out w/ Pepper Spray. http://www.peacemakerpepperspray.com Where YOU are much more than a Customer. And we are much more than a Webstore! To read more poems by Dean go to: http://biblepoemsbydean.com
+0
Re: THE CHURCH OF ENTERTAINMENT
5/14/2009 1:30:11 PM
Dean, I see your site is still here.  Glad you found it and hope your computer recovers.  I had one a couple months back and had to redo everything.

Anyway, all you have to do is accept my friend's invite.  Go to your friends, check invitations and accept.

I like your poem very much.  There must be some of the younger groups that are doing well with this music ministry.  I have a great nephew who has been involved for several years now.  He is going to music college right now. 

Blessings,
Sara
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!