Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
My Friend Holly Has Been in a Serious Car Accident...Needs Your Prayers...
5/13/2009 9:12:13 PM

Hi Friend, I know it has been a while since I've surfaced at Adlandpro, but sometimes one has to keep his priorities straight, and I have been preparing to upgrade to Captain with Amerijet, and it has been taking much of my time.

With that being said, I need your prayers for a dear friend of mine (Holly Ingersoll Abrams) whom I've known since I was 10 years old. She was my class mate, and friend over in Africa at a place called Malamulo College in Malawi, back in 1968, and 1969. I found a link to a news article that was published about this accident, and I will post it here for you to read. She was involved in a head on collision with a semi-truck and has been seriously wounded, and is hanging on by a thread, with trauma and bleeding in the brain. The children who were in the van are doing ok at this point.

I will post some pics here for you to see

I believe this pic was taken on Mother's Day

They are saying the engine from the van was thrown 50 feet away from the vehicle. I must admit, even though this tragedy should have never happened, someone was watching over them.

I have to go on a trip early in the am, getting up at 2:00 eastern, so I must go to bed. But please feel free to post at your will. I am planning to share this with the family in the near future. I look forward to your posts, each and all of you my special Adland friends.

+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: My Friend Holly Has Been in a Serious Car Accident...Needs Your Prayers...
5/14/2009 12:57:01 AM
Hi James, You are right; someone WAS watching over them. I am praying for your friend and her family. God bless, Dave
+0
5/14/2009 7:20:52 AM
Hi, I am so sorry for tragic dismay that occur. Yes, there is almighty watching over her for sure, yes she will definitely be in my prayers. Well, I hope all is well with you. Congratulations for your promotion. Take Care Alexia.
+0
5/14/2009 8:49:20 AM
James, definitely angels were watching over these children and Holly.  We pray for her complete recovery.  It is hard to believe anyone survived from those pictures.  Thank you for sharing with us and God bless you in your travels.

Blessings,
Sara
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/14/2009 9:21:38 AM

Hi James,

I'll definitely pray for your friend.  Vehicles are the machine responsible for the most deaths in all of mankind, just within the past 100 years.

I have a friend who was hit by a car last October and has life-changing injuries and facial scars.  The car was probably going faster than 40 mph, he went up over the windshield which shattered and the police said there were pieces of the travel-mug he was carrying embedded in the windshield after the accident.

Facial scarring, fractured eye socket, facial nerve damage, glass in his face, broken nose, shoulder socket broken into 3 pieces, damaged ulna nerve making it impossible to move his left arm, broken legs, twisted knee, bruised ribs.  Luckily? is alive, didn't fall on his head, no spinal damage or internal injuries.  Now it's just pain pain pain and surgeries surgeries surgeries and more pain from physical therapy.

The town where he got hit has a 25 mph speed limit, we were sitting on a bench a few months later watching the digital readout, most cars were still going an average of 35 in February, 4 months after his accident.  Where is the police enforcement?

INFO FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION:

<<A pedestrian hit at 20 mph has a five percent chance of dying, a pedestrian hit at 30 mph has a 45 percent chance of dying, and at 40 mph the chances of death are 85 percent.>>

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!