Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kim
Kim Stilwell

273 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
The "Real" You
5/8/2009 12:12:55 AM
This is for fun. The idea is to "contemplate" the following questions with your "real" self and not be afraid to share who you really are. Then for someone else to reply and say whether the "see" you in your answers and perhaps also tell things they may see which you may not be aware that other people see in you! This is along the lines of Self-Actualization or Self-Discovery. Ofcourse considerateness is expected. Copy & Paste the following with your answers: 1. What is my biggest driving motive in life and can I identify ways that I pursue this motive? 2. If money were no issue, what is 1 thing I would love to do or accomplish? 3. Am I usually happy go lucky, or conservative, or critiquing, or what is my general emotional state, and why if I know? 4. What are my strengths of personality? 5. What are my weaknesses that I'd like to overcome? 6. What do "I" think people like most about me? 7. If I could start life over again, what 1 thing would I strive to do or become or accomplish? 8. Am I satisfied with the results of my life at this point or is something still missing or undone? 9. What is one or more things that I feel are mine to learn in this life? 10. Was I really given all the love and security I needed as a child or did I have to learn to provide for myself in some measure or ways in these areas? I think this could be interesting and fun and could also help us to know ourselves and each other better. If you like this, we can continue on from here with more ideas.
+0
Re: The "Real" You
5/8/2009 2:30:31 AM

1. What is my biggest driving motive in life and can I identify ways that I pursue this motive?

My life has always revolved around family and business and work interests so I thrive through business challenges. My family are supportive but do have and share different interests.

2. If money were no issue, what is 1 thing I would love to do or accomplish?

I would love to lean other languages and travel.

3. Am I usually happy go lucky, or conservative, or critiquing, or what is my general emotional state, and why if I know?

I am very easy going but very dedicated to succeed in whatever I choose to do.

4. What are my strengths of personality?

I was born in the year of the dog so I am very faithful to my friends and family.

5. What are my weaknesses that I'd like to overcome?

I do tend take on too many projects at once and need to stay focused.

6. What do "I" think people like most about me?

I'm not sure that most people like me but at least they know where they stand with me as I am very up front and do say what I think. Some times I have to be tactful in this area.

7. If I could start life over again, what 1 thing would I strive to do or become or accomplish?

I'm sure I would be more religious and aware of other peoples feelings. Doing the same things more that once makes us improve.

8. Am I satisfied with the results of my life at this point or is something still missing or undone?

I would not change anything as the hard time have made me a better person and it's my imperfections that make me unique.

9. What is one or more things that I feel are mine to learn in this life?

I would like to be more compassionate as I think I sometimes appear hard and uncaring because I do not like to show my true emotions.

10. Was I really given all the love and security I needed as a child or did I have to learn to provide for myself in some measure or ways in these areas?

I have been very fortunate and have always felt loved, needed and wanted. So I feel very blessed. I thank God every day for this. 

Kim what are you doing to me I"m not sure I wanted to do this.

Still I'm having fun.

Kim where are your answers???

+0
Kim
Kim Stilwell

273 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/8/2009 1:20:31 PM
Michael, ha ha! You are funny; a charater! What am I doing to you? How about getting you to look into who you really are beyond what you "do"? And also, we "all" have underlying reasons, so in that way we are all the same! And really our reasons are all much the same! You identify your business pursuits as your driving purpose (though you "love" your family), and you are a perfectionist in the pursuit. You also seem to recognize that perhaps these drives have left less space for developing more intimate relationships with people. What we do isn't always consciously intentional. The drives to achieve are often a drive to succeed in an ideal we have set for ourselves. We need to achieve or become this ideal in order to approve and accept ourself...we are answering interior psychic needs that will make us feel whole and complete. We all do this! What's interesting is "relationship" with people can actually give us alot of what we are seeking in other ways. God made us "for" relationships of many kinds. It was relationship in the beginning that gave us what we needed or didn't give us all we needed, as a child, and we all are still seeking to find wholeness in ourselves. I did this for fun but also because it's through people that we often are able to open ourselves up and know and be known and there's a certain magic in that. The magic is also in being unconditionally accepted and loved for who we really are. Ok, here's my answer... .............................................. 1. What is my biggest driving motive in life and can I identify ways that I pursue this motive? My drive is also in my career goals; it's like I have to do something great before it's all over. Mixed with that is a passion to understand myself, understand other people, and help myself and other people to answer their real answers in life. 2. If money were no issue, what is 1 thing I would love to do or accomplish? To spend my time as a councelor and a writer. 3. Am I usually happy go lucky, or conservative, or critiquing, or what is my general emotional state, and why if I know? Always "better to laugh than cry"...alot of emotion interiorally but always a clown on the outside. 4. What are my strengths of personality? Encourager to to other people, tolerant of other people even if they oppose me. 5. What are my weaknesses that I'd like to overcome? I need to be more assertive and not afraid to be. 6. What do "I" think people like most about me? People say I'm nice and easy and my Nurses Aides at work call me Mom. 7. If I could start life over again, what 1 thing would I strive to do or become or accomplish? I would start college early instead of late in life so I could get all the knowledge I crave and arrive in my callings earlier instead of later. 8. Am I satisfied with the results of my life at this point or is something still missing or undone? I am not dissatisfied because it all has valuable meaning and growing experience. I still have my highest purposes ahead and things to accomplish and do. 9. What is one or more things that I feel are mine to learn in this life? It always has been in all things to know who God "really' is and to learn to become who "we" all are in his perfect view of who he made us to be. 10. Was I really given all the love and security I needed as a child or did I have to learn to provide for myself in some measure or ways in these areas? I idolized my parents and especially my dad who I had no close relationship with. I was always seeking his approval and admiration and today realize that my issues with self esteem growing up may have stemmed from the lack of relationship with him. I hope others might join in and not be afraid...I do love "knowing" people. Kim
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/8/2009 2:15:45 PM

Hi Kim,

I looked at these questions earlier this morning and they seemed impossible, or too much personal information required, but now I think it's not that difficult.

1. What is my biggest driving motive in life and can I identify ways that I pursue this motive?

I don't know what my biggest drive is, but my minor drive is NOT TO GET FAT, because of the genetics in my family, almost all the women are/were obese.  Two of my sisters are over 200 pounds when their maximum should be about 150 for their height, and I always wonder...didn't they know they were fat when they reached 175?  I walk at least 2 miles daily, sometimes 4 or more miles, depending on the weather, and I never drink soda (ugh!).

2. If money were no issue, what is 1 thing I would love to do or accomplish?

I would travel around the world just to see everything. I don't know why people think they need to be rich to start writing a book, just start now, I think our best ideas come during non-wealthy situations in life.

3. Am I usually happy go lucky, or conservative, or critiquing, or what is my general emotional state, and why if I know?

Generally I over-analyze everything, I have tried to cut down on doing that in the past few years.

4. What are my strengths of personality?

Patience, patience, patience, and looking past peoples quirks, people are very quirky and if we disregard them for their little weirdnesses, we're probably missing out on our new best friends.

5. What are my weaknesses that I'd like to overcome?

Procrastination, also putting extra focus on non-important things just to avoid the important things.

6. What do "I" think people like most about me?

Sense of humor, PATIENCE, easy to talk to, for some reason people always approach me at the grocery store to help them reach something even though I'm not tall, and people also approach me while I'm out doing my miles of walking, asking directions....as if I have a neon sign around my neck saying I have all directions to everywhere!  Most of the time, I do point them in the right direction. 

7. If I could start life over again, what 1 thing would I strive to do or become or accomplish?

I wouldn't worry so much about other peoples opinions early in life.  It took me until my mid-30's to realize that all the people on this earth are just in the middle of their own messed-up life, so why should I listen to opinions of non-perfect people? (That's EVERYONE!)  It's much better just to NOT make the same mistakes that other people have madee, that's very obvious to figure out, no verbal opinions needed for that.

8. Am I satisfied with the results of my life at this point or is something still missing or undone?

Satisfied with most of it UNTIL NOW, but I'm still gonna do LOTS of stuff because the future is an unknown and could be fantastic!!!

9. What is one or more things that I feel are mine to learn in this life?

I've just recently realized it's possible to be a good person without nagging other people that THEY have to be better people.  That's their own thing to realize.

10. Was I really given all the love and security I needed as a child or did I have to learn to provide for myself in some measure or ways in these areas?

My parents were/are very good people but had lots of kids and not much money, and not much patience sometimes, so I did have to do a lot on my own, or just not get mad about not always getting what I wanted or thought I should have, BUT having all those older siblings was invaluable in the amount of learning experiences.

+0
Kim
Kim Stilwell

273 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/10/2009 4:41:32 PM
Kathleen, You know what? I learned that great lesson also that you can "be" what you really want to be without being worried and wrapped up in others around you "being" at the same time! There's some maturity happening when you can grow in some way and not be critical or offended (or prideful?), when others don't grow at the same time or just aren't able right now to see or feel what you do. The wisdom in this is that if we "be" even if others can't or won't, then our example is providing the possibility, the potential, that they may "be" sometime, not by what we say but by what we prove to be over time. I always did worry about other people's opinions too, until I really realized that I'm who God chose to make me, and that he is my approver and not always man. Alot of times it happens that we get our self approval from what people reflect back to us about ourself; it's quite common, but the acceptance of people lends more to our pride while acceptance by God has a way of keeping us in humility and also a right perspective of who we really are, and also a "true" perspective. Yes I know that things that seem "too personal" cause some to slam the doors or even be offended. But if we are afraid of saying, this is who I am vs. just this is what I do, then am I also afraid of really knowing you? I do believe that "many" people are online, not just to buy things, and not just to market things, but to connect with people! I believe that people need people in many natural ways, and that "relationship" of all kinds are what provide much of what people seek in "things." I also believe that people are "made" for relationship above all things; that God designed it this way, to fullfill our "real" human needs, but we often substitute with other "things," and then wonder why we are unfullfilled and not quite full or satisfied in life. God didn't make "things" to fullfill our deepest needs and desires, but people. This is why there is such a thing as marriage, and family, and "friends." What am I giving "you" or getting that makes such a thing as real friends? Isn't it that I know you and accept you for who you really are? But yet if I can't talk to the real you, because it's too personal, does too personal mean I should avoid the "person" of you? Did the questions cause you to question yourself: who you are, what you feel and think, and maybe how you have grown over time? If it's neat for you to see it is for others too! And if you can gain anything from it, so can others too. But no one can gain if we keep all our doors closed and locked. Kim
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!