Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Who Fills Your Store Room?
4/26/2009 1:48:19 PM
"Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness" (2 Corinthians 9:10 NIV).

You must decide you will look to God only as your source of supply. You need to tell God that you're going to look to Him alone to provide for your needs and that you won't look anywhere else.

We get ourselves in trouble when we confuse the channel with the source. God may use your paycheck from work as the channel to supply your needs, but your employer is just the channel for God's provision—and God can shift to another channel anytime he wants.

When you start to look to something or someone else to meet you needs, when you begin to confuse the channel with the source, there is a clear warning sign: Worry!

Say you've started looking to your job as the source, instead of the channel. You may start worrying, "What if I lose my job?" You know what? That channel may close, but the source of your every need is still active and providing for you. When God turns off one channel, he can turn on another one.

Once you know what you're lacking, you need to give God the right to choose whatever channel He decides to fulfill the need. It may be a channel different from one you would choose; in fact, God may deliberately choose a different channel in order to teach you to keep looking to him for all your needs.

I have learned, as a Christian for nearly eleven years, that it's exciting to just let God be God. It's exciting to watch God meet a need in a way that you never thought possible or could have never thought up on your own.

God alone is the source of your supply.  :)

God_Bless You Members!
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Who Fills Your Store Room?
4/26/2009 2:54:56 PM

Hi Thomas,

I so need to let God be God at present.

I LOVE what I do. Both my therapy work and my garden work.

I am privileged to work with, and for, God's children and also with his natural world creations.

My therapy work is VERY quiet at present but my garden work is so VERY busy that it causes cash-flow problems. This causes med to lose focus.

Your words have helped a lot my friend. I am sure God meant your words for me.

Roger

+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/26/2009 5:52:13 PM

Roger,

you know when you go hear a sermon or a teaching lesson on God and it sometimes gives you the impression there talking directly to you? That same instance with surprised amazement God is doing that to the heart that is willing to change!

In human instincts we are prone to ignore the signs.

Much like therapy- i call it quiet times, when im alone sitting with my Holy bible and reading what i need to learn for myself in terms of the struggles at the time,

study and write down with what scripture is needed, often go back at what you wrote and see how quickly you change. :)

Its all good my dear English Gent!

Thank you for the encouragements.

God_bless you Roger.

Oh and by the way,

thank you for your support for the POTW!

There must be,

an Adland ghost somewhere that gets

jealous if they seem to disappear LOL

AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Jo
Jo Matthias

2947 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/26/2009 5:58:31 PM
"Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.  In my Fathers house are many mansions: If it were not so, I woulsd have told you.  I go to prepare a place for you, I will come again,  and recieve you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."  John 14:1-3
VOTE!!!! POTM!!!
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/26/2009 6:34:20 PM

Jo,

That is one of the bibles most beautiful passages.

It's content and message hold so much love and promise, it's words are so well chosen.

Roger

+0