Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
New York Times Spiked Obama-Acorn Donor Story
3/31/2009 2:05:53 AM
Hello Friends,

Obama and ACORN are connected by an umbilical cord that is impossible to destruct. Here we go again with news that had it been published in October 2008 should have changed the results of the election.

It appears that the New York Times has been caught again and it certainly isn't the first time.

Read the below article and understand (if you haven't yet) that the media doesn't report but makes news to support the candidates of their choice. The "bad" stuff is simply ignored and killed.

Shalom,

Peter

'New York Times' Spiked Obama Donor Story

Congressional Testimony: ‘Game-Changer’ Article Would Have Connected Campaign With ACORN
By Michael P. Tremoglie, The Bulletin
Monday, March 30, 2009
A lawyer involved with legal action against Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) told a House Judiciary subcommittee on March 19 The New York Times had killed a story in October that would have shown a close link between ACORN, Project Vote and the Obama campaign because it would have been a “a game changer.” 

Heather Heidelbaugh, who represented the Pennsylvania Republican State Committee in the lawsuit against the group, recounted for the ommittee what she had been told by a former ACORN worker who had worked in the group’s Washington, D.C. office. The former worker, Anita Moncrief, told Ms. Heidelbaugh last October, during the state committee’s litigation against ACORN, she had been a “confidential informant for several months to The New York Times reporter, Stephanie Strom.”

Ms. Moncrief had been providing Ms. Strom with information about ACORN’s election activities. Ms. Strom had written several stories based on information Ms. Moncrief had given her.

During her testimony, Ms. Heidelbaugh said Ms. Moncrief had told her The New York Times articles stopped when she revealed that the Obama presidential campaign had sent its maxed-out donor list to ACORN’s Washington, D.C. office.

Ms. Moncrief told Ms. Heidelbaugh the campaign had asked her and her boss to “reach out to the maxed-out donors and solicit donations from them for Get Out the Vote efforts to be run by ACORN.”

Ms. Heidelbaugh then told the congressional panel:

“Upon learning this information and receiving the list of donors from the Obama campaign, Ms. Strom reported to Ms. Moncrief that her editors at The New York Times wanted her to kill the story because, and I quote, “it was a game changer.”’

Ms. Moncrief made her first overture to Ms. Heidelbaugh after The New York Times allegedly spiked the story — on Oct. 21, 2008. Last fall, she testified under oath about what she had learned about ACORN from her years in its Washington, D.C. office. Although she was present at the congressional hearing, she did not testify.

U.S. Rep. James Sensenbrenner, R-Wisc., the ranking Republican on the committee, said the interactions between the Obama campaign and ACORN, as described by Ms. Moncrief, and attested to before the committee by Ms. Heidelbaugh, could possibly violate federal election law, and “ACORN has a pattern of getting in trouble for violating federal election laws.”  

He also voiced criticism of The New York Times.

“If true, The New York Times is showing once again that it is a not an impartial observer of the political scene,” he said. “If they want to be a mouthpiece for the Democratic Party, they should put Barack Obama approves of this in their newspaper.”

Academicians and journalism experts expressed similar criticism of the Times.

“The New York Times keeps going over the line in every single campaign and last year was the worst, easily,” said Mal Kline of the American Journalism Center. “They would ignore real questions worth examining about Obama, the questions about Bill Ayers or about how he got his house. Then on the other side they would try to manufacture scandals.”

Mr. Kline mentioned Gov. Sarah Palin was cleared by investigators of improperly firing an Alaska State Trooper, but went unnoticed by The Times.

“How many stories about this were in The New York Times,” he asked.

“If this is true, it would not surprise me at all. The New York Times is a liberal newspaper. It is dedicated to furthering the Democratic Party,” said Dr. Paul Kengor, professor of Political Science at Grove City College. “People think The New York Times is an objective news source and it is not. It would not surprise me that if they had a news story that would have swayed the election into McCain’s favor they would not have used it.”

ACORN has issued statements claiming that Ms. Moncrief is merely a disgruntled former worker.

“None of this wild and varied list of charges has any credibility and we’re not going to spend our time on it,” said Kevin Whelan, ACORN deputy political director in a statement issued last week.

Stephanie Strom was contacted for a comment, and The New York Times’ Senior Vice President for Corporate Communications Catherine Mathis replied with an e-mail in her place.

Ms. Mathis wrote, “In response to your questions to our reporter, Stephanie Strom, we do not discuss our newsgathering and won’t comment except to say that political considerations played no role in our decisions about how to cover this story or any other story about President Obama.”

Michael P. Tremoglie can be reached at mtremoglie@thebulletin.us

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Terri Pattio

312 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: New York Times Spiked Obama-Acorn Donor Story
3/31/2009 6:45:05 AM

I don't see what difference is it going to do now to reveal this information. People ought to stop wasting their time and energy on digging up information that will not make any difference anyway. Obama is President, just like Bush was when he got in the office. No one didn't say anything about those votes that were supposedly tampered with.

In my opinion no matter who runs the governement, no one is really qualified except God almighty, which brings  me to another point. It seems to me, the thing we should be concentrating on, as individuals we should be living a righteous life like God wants us to. We should love another no matter what.

My opinion and I do have a right to voice it, as we all do.

Terri  

If YOU want to experience WEALTH and BE SUCCESSFUL in network marketing. Go here to get FREE help now!
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/31/2009 7:25:14 AM

Hello Peter,

Well now there is unequivocal proof it seems the the MSM was complicit in hiding the truth from the people.  Plausible Deni ability seems to be the game of decade, still yet. 

Had these facts and this story been given equal air time as would have been required by the "Fairness Doctrine" before the rewrite, then the election would probably been much different. 

In that the many disparaged Republicans would not have jumped one sinking ship for another but worked for real solutions that abides by the LAWS of the Land instead of this sudo dictatorship we are heading full tilt towards.

I must also say that God governs our souls not our bodies.  If I am not mistaken the Bible and most religious writings, suggest following the righteous leaders and overthrowing the pious. 

Breaking commandments to win elections just somehow doesn't correlate to the discussion at hand as right now does it?

So much information was available and left unreported by most of MSM (main stream media) and this is why there such a distasteful air over this election and presidency.

In the words of the Black Panthers at the Philadelphia polls " This is what is and that is what was and no longer matters."  So the Bush argument is moot, thank you.

Jim

http://savenow.ulearn2earn.net  

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/31/2009 7:26:43 AM

Hi Terri,

Good to see you here and thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.

Of course you have a right to voice your opinion I just don't happen to agree with it. :)

I believe in the old adage that God helps those that help themselves. Being blind to what's happening and around us and doing nothing about it  is the worst thing we can do.

It was obvious to me and many others that there was something wrong with Obama during his campaign and even more so now. There are no explanations for his refusal to reveal his vault birth certificate and his college records. The way he and his lawyers are fighting it in the courts and the scare tactics he's using there's no doubt that he is hiding something.

In regard to ACORN again that was a sore point during the campaign and the mainstream media ignored it, his past associations and so much more that once again they did a mis service to all of us. Instead of reporting the news they were creating news. The New York Times was one of the many guilty of this practice. 

As to Bush and the Florida votes. The Democrats never stopped talking about it and Bush bashing was their favorite sport. But there was never a doubt that Bush was elligible to be President while in the minds of many Americans and people all over the world there are serious doubts as to BHO's elligibility according to the constitution of the USA.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/31/2009 7:36:28 AM

Hi Jim,

I have to agree with you but you already knew that. :)

This information had it been published by the New York Times instead of killing the story certainly would have been an election changer.

The problem as I see it is that rather then things getting better they are getting much worse.

This guy is going to have his own personal army soon. Sorry to say this but it reminds me of the Hitler youth and the brainwashing those kids went through. You might even be able to compare it to the way Islam brainwashes it's youth. there are many similarities between Islam and the Nazis too.

I believe he has to be stopped and the people are the only ones that can do it. We put him there and we can stop him too.

If you read an article I posted yesterday he's invited the patriot to the White House to discuss his "disturbing" patriotic youtube videos. More scare tactics?

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!