Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: PHILOXENIA#: The Beauty of Nature -Hip Song and New Orleans
8/8/2009 7:06:51 AM
Thank Myrna,
I think I was picked for this mission because
1. I can speak intelligently about the subject and I have no agenda.
2. I don't wallow in it; its' there the problems continue daily, we are so far behind Mississippi and the other gulf states in recovery-its pathetic.
3. I'm not going anywhere, God willing.

Thanks for the love
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: PHILOXENIA#: The Beauty of Nature ~ASCENCION-Amethistium~
8/9/2009 7:54:35 AM
Hi Philoxenia friends!

Joyce, Jill, Myrna!

Thank you for the nice discussion you have had on New Orleans, the Katrina Hurricane case and generally the problem caused by the hurricane 4 years back. Many times it is not easy top be understood when Politics are involved.

There should be three more friends here to make this discussion complete Caroline Schneider, Luella May and Cheryl Baxter.

I joined AdLandPro two moths earlier the Katrina Hurricane. I was just passive receiving and following the posts of my friends. Luella had her daughter who disappeared for many days somewhere in the critical area during the flooding of NEw Orleans and the South States of USA. She wrote an article and asked me to give a reply or review there. I wrote a reply which I first read for Luella. I was shy and unsure if I was able to write. my thought in English. It was fist time I wrote something officially in a forum on internet. Some days or a couple of weeks later Cheryl posted a poem in Luella's forum and Luella asked me again to comment. How is Caroline Schneider involved. We were chat surfing a lot together and I had a better and closer connection with Caroline. Everything I wrote I gave it to Caroline for proof reading and correcting my mismatches.

Caroline suggested me to start a forum. She promised me to help me. So after Cheryl's reply to my comment  Cheryl demanded me more or less to start a forum and here we are. Later on Kathy Hamilton featured me and introduced me to Bogdan Fiedur, and so did Marilyn Martin. I can not forget all you people who helped and supported me and stayd close to me when I had my problems.

Joyce I am so glad you could speak out here and I am so glad our friends Myrna and Jill understand your points.

ASCENSION Amethistium
Relaxant Sounds

Click above

I wish you all a Great Sunday
Georgios
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: PHILOXENIA#: The Beauty of Nature ~Beauty Of Macedonia, Greece~
8/9/2009 8:34:45 AM
BEAUTY OF MACEDONIA GREECE

Click above
The history of Macedonia streches from ancient to modern Greece. According to HErodotus, the Greek history of Macedonia began with the Makednoi tribe, among the first to use the name Hellenes, migrating to the region from Histiaeotis in the south. There they lived near non-Greek tribes like the Bryges, who would later leave Macedonia for Asia Minor, where they became known as Phrygians. MAcedonia was named after the Makednoi. Accounts of other toponyms such as Emathia, Pieria. Almopia are attested to have been in use before that.

A branch of Macedonians invaded Southern Greece, where, upon reaching Peloponnese were renamed to Dorians triggering the accounts of the Dorian invasion. For centuries the Macedonian tribes were organized in independent kingdoms, in what is now Central Macedonia, and their role in Greek politics was minimal. The rest of the region was inhabited by various Thracian and Illyrian tribes as well as mostly coastal colonies of other Greek states such as Amphipolis, Olynthos, Potidea, Stageira and many others. During the late 6th and early 5th century BC, the region was under Persian rule until the destruction of Xerxes at Plataea. In the next century, Macedonia became the theatre of many military actions regarding the Lacedaemonians and the Athenians and saw incursions of Thracians and Illyrians, as attested by Thucidydes. The kingdom of Mekedon, was reorganised by Philip II and achieved Greek hegemony during his years.

With Philip's exploits begins the Greek history of the remainder of today's Greek Region of Macedonia. After his assassination, his son Alexander succeeded to the throne of Macedon and, retaining the office of "General of Greece", he became one of the best known persona this land ever gave birth to. Macedonia remained an important and powerful kingdom until it was annexed by the Romans in 148 BC. The region remained under Roman rule for centuries, a part of many provinces with various names.

Kindly Regards
Georgios
+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: PHILOXENIA#: The Beauty of Nature ~Beauty Of Macedonia, Greece~
8/11/2009 9:33:16 AM
Georgios,
These are so very beautiful! I'm glad you were encouraged to express yourself which has led to your sharing so much history and beauty with us that would not be readily found otherwise.
You are a treasure to all of us.
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: PHILOXENIA#: The Beauty of Nature
9/20/2009 6:18:07 PM

Hi Joyce!

Thanks for your kindness! Autumn is here and the weather changes radically. I dedicate you a song that I just sent to Cheryl for her FOTW AWARD. Here is a copy of the hole message there.

Hi FOTW Team!

Thank you LaNell for the PM.

Late september and a new nice romantic period is just to begin the Fall as Americans say or Autumn as I know it. Cheryl Baxter is a nice choise to start the Autumn. Tomorrow night some of us will celebrate the Autumnal Equinox. When I think of Cheryl I think of the this nice period where the yearly cycle of life start their last quartal and the cycle of life begins to run fast to its rebirth. It is like a saxophone an evening palying something soft to dance with your beloved and remember of all the good summer experiences.

All cycles have their special characteristics. Autumn reminds me of a poet or a painter out in the nature beneath the green-yellowish trees, enjoying the last warm sun rays and feel the warmth in their body meanwhile they fill their back brain shelters with new stuff on new subjest to express their latest expreriences and write a new poem or a novel or a seasonal painting  to make the rest of us who don't have this charisma to feel calm and nice and relaxed.

CHERYL YOU ARE ALL THE ABOVE FOR ME

CONGRATULATIONS SEPTEMBER 2009 FOTW

Enjoy the last summer air as it touches the tops of the trees

AUTUMN

click here for the beauty of nature

I like this song and I am sure both you and Cheryl will too.

Happy Equinox

Georgios

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!