Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
GREECE: Zorba The Greek - Teach me to dance
3/20/2009 1:26:25 PM
Modern Greek Dance Sirtaki
Music: Mikis Theodorakis
Book: Novel by Nikos Kazantzakis
SuperStar: Antony Quinn

Zorba is described as the living heart, a large voracious mouth, a great brute soul, not yet severed from mother earth. The novel can be perceived as a vaccine against metaphysical thinking and it describes the contrast introduced by Friedrich Nietzsche between the Apollonian spirit of order and rationalityand the Dionysian outlook on life, and the Dionysian spirit which Zorba represents, the ecstatic, spontaneous will to live.

The movie won three Academy Awards. Lila Kedrova won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress, Vassilis Fotopoulos won the Oscar for Best Art Direction in black-and-white set decoration, and Walter Lassally won the Oscar for Best Cinematography in black-and-white. Lassally's Oscar is shown in Tavern Christiana in Stavros.

TEACH ME TO DANCE
With Antony Quinn

Click above

Quinn received the nomination for Best Leading Actor in a leading role and Michael Cacoyannis received three nominations for Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Writing, and Screenplay Based on Material from Another Medium.

Kindly Regards
Georgios
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: GREECE: Zorba The Greek - Teach me to dance
3/20/2009 1:55:13 PM

Thank you Geogios!   I love this music and the movie Zorba The Greek.

Georgios....I hope you don't take offense.  I just found this light-hearted video.  They have done a "re-invention" of the music.  It is rather amazing what they can do with animation. I hope you like it. 

Hugs to you my friend,

Pat

((youtube id="oWYHO1tLcqY"))((/youtube))

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/20/2009 2:12:16 PM
Hmmm! Patricia!

This is special for you:
Greece is a Dream!

Thank you for the clip. Hey this is very nice and funny. I have not seen this before.

You wrote ith the topic aboput Mikis Theodorakis that you did not know anything about him. You see "Zorba the Greek" is his music.

Click above

Kindly Regards
Georgios

+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/21/2009 3:47:25 AM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
GREECE: Zorba The Greek - Teach me to dance
3/21/2009 5:53:18 AM
Hello Nick!

Welcome to Greece and Zorba the Greek. Thank you for the Angel. I need some Angelic smiles right now.

AN ANTI-STREES CLIP
IRISH BLESSINGS

click above

Kindly regards,
Georgios

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!