Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luka Babic

1031 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: International Women's Day - 2009
3/2/2009 5:38:50 AM

My dear Sir Roger,

You made me laughing so hard !

I am ... just heartfelt .... and now hope my words were understood correctly. So, being an antithesis ... (on what) .... comes more from (adopted)  experience from others, than from my intention to picture any possible another point of view on the subject.

Women at my region mostly hate to consider one day a year dedicated to the memories that ... their fight for the equality still is not over.

My mother LOL (must laugh, just because she is very funny, when speak about those matters) .... Well, she was born in a very traditional (patriarchal) family BALKANIC TYPE                     ( absolutely uniquely  coded in entire Universe)  and I very appreciate her statements on the  male : female games. Very soon I`ll make a forum topic on that subject ... (with her permission) .

I am happy for giving you a hope for the future. Life goes forward - so you cann`t lose it. Behavior of the heard makes young people for the moemnt lost at the time and space ... BUT THINGS ARE GOING TO BE CHANGED, I can sense it among the birds, waters, grains of the sand ... and also among the people. But first must be a total silence - for the heavenly musics to be heard here. It should!

Bless you my dear Sir!

Luka

+0
Steven Suchar

13302 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/2/2009 2:13:11 PM
Thank You Dennis :)

+0
Rinna Rani

5162 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/3/2009 5:22:57 AM
Hi Dennis,
Greetings!
Wow, what a wonderful kind honor to the women of the world.  On this day, I just called my mother and spend 1/2 hour with her on top of it send her some flowers.  I may not know the actual date but I did do it for her today.  She was really happy and that is most important.  Thank you for being a real gentleman for doing this for the women of the world.  Truly appreciate your wonderful heart.

Happy International Women Day to every single women, mother, grandmother, aunty, cousin sister, in laws and every women who has a wonderful heart.

Meaning of Woman:
A woman (irregular plural: women) is a female human. The term woman is usually reserved for an adult, with the term girl being the usual term for a female child or adolescent.

Birth of Venus 1862

A very common Indo-European root for woman, *gwen-, is the source of English queen (Old English cwēn primarily meant woman, highborn or not; this is still the case in Danish, with the modern spelling kvinde), as well as gynaecology (from Greek gynē), banshee fairy woman (from Irish bean woman, fairy) and zenana (from Persian zan). The Latin fēmina, whence female, is likely from the root in fellāre (to suck), referring to breastfeeding.[2][3]

The symbol for the planet Venus is the sign also used in biology for the female sex. It is a stylized representation of the goddess Venus's hand mirror or an abstract symbol for the goddess: a circle with a small equilateral cross underneath (Unicode: ♀). The Venus symbol also represented femininity, and in ancient alchemy stood for copper. Alchemists constructed the symbol from a circle (representing spirit) above an equilateral cross (representing matter).

Womanhood is the period in a female's life after she has transitioned from girlhood, at least physically, having passed the age of menarche. Many cultures have rites of passage to symbolize a woman's coming of age, such as confirmation in some branches of Christianity, bat mitzvah in Judaism, or even just the custom of a special celebration for a certain birthday (generally between 12 and 21).

Currently in the English language there is no commonly-used word for a woman who has passed menopause, although historically a woman in the third part of her life was known as a crone, which was originally not a pejorative term. The three ages of woman were historically known as "maiden, matron, and crone" and are sometimes quoted as "maiden, mother and crone". This could perhaps be rendered in modern English as "little girl", "woman of reproductive age" and "older lady".

The word woman can be used generally, to mean any female human, or specifically, to mean an adult female human as contrasted with girl. The word girl originally meant "young person of either sex" in English; it was only around the beginning of the 16th century that it came to mean specifically a female child. Nowadays girl sometimes is used colloquially to refer to a young or unmarried woman. During the early 1970s feminists challenged such use, and use of the word to refer to a fully grown woman may cause offence. In particular, previously common terms such as office girl are no longer used.

Conversely, in certain cultures which link family honor with female virginity, the word girl is still used to refer to a never-married woman; in this sense it is used in a fashion roughly analogous to the obsolete English maid or maiden. Referring to an unmarried female as a woman may, in such a culture, imply that she is sexually experienced, which would be an insult to her family.

In some settings, the use of girl to refer to an adult female is a common practice (such as girls' night out), even among some elderly women. In this sense, girl may be considered to be the analogue to the British word bloke for a man, although it again fails to meet the parallel status as an adult. Gal aside, some feminists cite this lack of an informal yet respectful term for women as misogynistic; they regard non-parallel usages, such as men and girls, as sexist.

There are various words used to refer to the quality of being a woman. The term "womanhood" merely means the state of being a woman, having passed the menarche; "femininity" is used to refer to a set of supposedly typical female qualities associated with a certain attitude to gender roles; "womanliness" is like "femininity", but is usually associated with a different view of gender roles; "femaleness" is a general term, but is often used as shorthand for "human femaleness"; "distaff" is an archaic adjective derived from women's conventional role as a spinner, now used only as a deliberate archaism; "muliebrity" is a "neologism" (derived from the Latin) meant to provide a female counterpart of "virility", but used very loosely, sometimes to mean merely "womanhood", sometimes "femininity", and sometimes even as a collective term for women.

((youtube id="zh8pcuvHFqY"))((/youtube))

Woman Lyrics - John Lennon

Woman I can hardly express,
My mixed emotion at my thoughtlessness,
After all I'm forever in your debt,
And woman I will try express,
My inner feelings and thankfullness,
For showing me the meaning of succsess,
oooh well, well,
oooh well, well,

Woman I know you understand
The little child inside the man,
Please remember my life is in your hands,
And woman hold me close to your heart,
However, distant don't keep us apart,
After all it is written in the stars,
oooh well, well,
oooh well, well,

Woman please let me explain,
I never mean(t) to cause you sorrow or pain,
So let me tell you again and again and again,
I love you (yeah, yeah) now and forever,
I love you (yeah, yeah)....

All women, have a wonderful day on your special occasion.

Love,
Rinna
+0
La Nell !

3647 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/3/2009 5:25:28 PM
Hi Dennis, LaNell here. International Women's Day is celebrated March 8th.
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/3/2009 5:50:38 PM

Rinna,

That was all very interesting.

Great contribution.

Roger