Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Marisol Sosa

757 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
ARE YOU PREPARED TO SUFFER FOR CHRIST?
2/24/2009 1:55:01 PM

Jesus Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in His steps. (1 Peter 2:21).

Jesus Christ said, "I will show him how much he MUST suffer for my name." (Acts 9:16).

However, if you suffer as a Christian, do NOT be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name. (1Peter 4:16).

If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you. 

(1 Peter 4:14).

If you suffer, it should not be as a murderer or thief or any other kind of criminal,.... (1 Peter 4:15).

The Apostle Paul  suffered for Christ, in that Paul was chained for Christ. (Philippians 1:13).

Do NOT be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when His glory is revealed. (1 Peter 4:12-13). The Holy Bible says, "...though now for a little while you may have to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith...may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. (1 Peter 1: 6-9).

For it is time for judgment to begin with the family of God; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do NOT obey the gospel of God? (1 Peter 4:17).

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!