Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Only In The Movies...
2/22/2009 11:10:21 PM

Hi

Things that only happen in the movies!

1. If being chased through town you can always hide in a St Patricks Day parade - at any time of the year.

2. All shopping bags contain at least one stick of French Bread.

3. The Eiffel Tower can be seen from any window in Paris.

4. Anyone can land a plane if there's someone to talk you down.

5. You are a certainty to be killed in battle if you show someone a picture of your sweetheart.

6. Kitchens don't have light switches. When entering a kitchen at night you must open the fridge door and use that light.

7. It's not necessary to say hello or goodbye when talking on the phone.

8. When driving down a perfectly straight road you must turn the wheel vigorously from left to right.

9. It doesn't matter if you're heavily outnumbered in a martial arts fight because they will take turns in attacking you.

10. In New York, loft-style appartments are within the price range of most people, employed or not.

11. Should you decide to defuse a bomb, don't worry which wire to cut as you'll always choose the right one.

12. Most laptop computers can override the communication system of any invading alien society.

13. During all police investigations it's necessary to visit at least one strip club.

14. All beds have L-shaped sheets that cover a woman up to her armpits but only reach up to a man's waist lying beside her.

15. The ventilation system of any building is always a good hiding place and you can travel to any part of the building you want to.

16. A man will show no pain during a ferocious beating but wince when a woman tries to clean his wounds.

17. If a large pane of glass is visible someone will be thrown through it before long.

18. If someone says, "I'll be right back" you know they won't.

19. A detective can only solve a case once he's been suspended.

20. Superman just stands there as bullets bounce of him, but when someone throws a revolver at him he ducks.
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Only In The Movies...
2/22/2009 11:41:19 PM

Hi John,

Isn't the world of fantasy grand??? :)

The last one says it all so well!

20. Superman just stands there as bullets bounce of him, but when someone throws a revolver at him he ducks.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
2/23/2009 12:47:42 AM
Hello John,

Isn't it the truth, anything happens in Hollywood.  We should be able to hire Rambo to finish up the war in Iraq he'll get rid of all the trouble makers or should we send him to the White House....lol....
Thanks for the laugh.

God Bless
Gaby

God Bless Everyone
+0
Mary Hannan

6209 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/23/2009 8:06:32 PM

Hello John,
You have some very keen observations. Here is one of mine: When a woman is running away from a killer and screaming and the next thing you know he's in front of her. In fact she practically bounces off of him. Either he travels at warp speed or she's aweful slow! LOL!

I think Gaby has a great idea.

Have a great week!

+0
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/23/2009 11:38:12 PM

Hi Peter

Yes, every one is worth an Academy Award!

P.S. How in the world did Angelina Jolie miss out on best actress for her role in "The Changeling?" Clint Eastwood directed it also.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!