Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
PHILOXENIA Features: Boedicea Queen of Celts
2/21/2009 6:39:09 AM

BOEDICEA

QUEEN OF CELTS

We have two very nice, caring and delicious ladies in our community who are both excellent business women,   working hard to sponsor, guide and educate their friends and teams to make success on internet opportunities, affiliations and business programs.

FIONUALLA FOX – DEE HUDSON

Fionnuala       - St Patricks Celtic Cross -               Dee

Inspired by those two ladies for their enormous work and their contribution to make success and share it with their friends I share today’s article to you all of you.

BOEDICEA

QUEEN OF CELTS

The Greatest of British Heroines

"She was huge of frame, terrifying of aspect, and with a harsh voice. A great mass of bright red hair fell to her knees: She wore a great twisted golden necklace, and a tunic of many colors, over which was a thick mantle, fastened by a brooch. Now she grasped a spear, to strike fear into all who watched her . . .. "

—Dio Cassius (Webster, 54)

Statue of Boadicea by Thomas Thornycroft
clich above for an nice instrumental Enya song

Written histories of Boadicea, and of early Britain in general, are found in two classical manuscripts, which were most likely derived from the same original source

The historian Tacitus wrote his history only fifty years after the events of A.D. 60, and it was said that his father-in-law Agricola was able to give an eyewitness account of the rebellion.

Dio Cassius also gave his account of the events. Although both are biased accounts, they provide the basic chronological framework of early Roman Britain.

Attempts to turn to archaeological discoveries to help pinpoint the exact events has been unsuccessful, since much of the data was destroyed during pillaging and a significant amount of the land has never been excavated due to a lack of funds, and so information is limited.

Between AD 61 and AD 63 Boadicea led her Iceni people to a glorious war against the Romans. The Iceni Celts had submitted their kingdom in East Anglia to the conquering Romans and the rule of Emperor Claudius in AD 43. In AD 61, Prasutagus, Boadicea's husband and King of the Iceni died. A dispute followed during which Boadicea, was publicly beaten by the soldiers of the emperor, and her two daughters raped.

The Iceni were insulted and rose in revolt led by their queen Boadicea. So successful was the uprising that the Romans were almost defeated. Unfortunately for the Iceni and their allies, the military skill of the Roman army finally led to the crushing of the rebellion. After the revolt, Roman rule was re-established. For almost two glorious years, Boadicea pillaged the Roman settlements. She remains to this day, the greatest of the heroines of Britain.

Kindly Regards

Georgios

Updated February 21th, 2009

In the Irish Mythology Fionnuala of Fionn Ghuallainn the "fai-shouldered" was daughter of king Lir of the Tuatha de Danann. In the myths and legends she was changed (metamorphosis) to a swan and cursed by her stepmother Aoife. Finnualla wandered teh lakes, the rivers and the whole green Eire with her brothers for 900 years.

ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: PHILOXENIA Features: Boedicea Queen of Celts
2/21/2009 6:39:33 AM

RESERVED

Comming soon

Fionnuala       - St Patricks Celtic Cross -               Dee

Fionnuala Recommends:
  1. Healthy and well educated Generation
  2. Reduction and finally elimination of abortion
  3. Strengthening of Self Consciousness
  4. Strengthening of Civic Obligation like obedience to the Law and other

A WORLD PEACE SOLUTION that is being presented and put together for you! For the normal person like Joe Blogs, that has a heart and can not understand what we see on our Television and that has not been able to change it.

Let's unite, to "Keep the PEACE Flame Burning" in support for "a Multiversal Life quality & Living Facilitator - A Human Evolution Services Management for everybody, a new Modern Explanation for Quality on Earth!"

UBIEE Peace DovePeace on Earth UBIEEAngel Cuddle for Peace with UBIEE hands on the world

Take a tour here

Dee Recommends:

"Why Not Get Paid to Shop Online & Locally."
Receive Instant CASH REWARDS And DISCOUNTS - Rewards Which
Can be ACCUMULATED Not Lost.

Tired of reward programs that offer you points for flights
or items you don't need. Then try our fresh new
alternative - Earn CA$H not points - EARN DOLLARS
not Dockets
FREE! - No joining fee.
Cash Rewards and Discounts – not just points or prizes.
Rewards when achieved Can’t Be Lost.
Discount before they are released to the public.
Receive rewards On Line as well as Local Merchants.
Your own online Members Centre.
Rewards for introducing New Members.

BBS Global a new and exciting, Profit Sharing Program (PSP). This unique system rewards everyone in so many ways and is the pinnacle of any shopping program currently available within the marketplace.

BBS Global is the most modern and innovative shopping experience ever created. Using the latest technology, BBS Global has created a universal platform that brings together Non-Profit Organizations,
Manufacturers, Merchants, Consumers, and many other groups, virtually a "Closed User Buying Group" or "Co-operative" that rewards everyone.

Click here to take a tour

Kind ly regards
Georgios
Visit our Super Dedication forum No Borders And No Boundaries

ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Rinna Rani

5162 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/21/2009 11:39:15 AM
Dear Georgios,
Greetings!
Oh my gosh, two wonderful ladies you are honoring here.... My my my, you are such a joy giving us this ladies to spend a wonderful time with and appreciate them.  Love you.

Hi Fionnuala and Dee,
Hello ladies.  CONGRATULATIONS for being chosen to be appreciated in Philoxenia.  Wow, what an honor for two hardworking kind ladies.

You are a joy here in Adland when you posts and we are happy to be in your presence dear QUEENS.

A true calling for British Heroines.

Love,
Rinna

Have a blessed week and a good time.
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/21/2009 12:01:15 PM

Thanks for featuring my 2 UK friends!!!

Georgios, I love reading about Boedicea (and ANY English History for that matter) -- the pictures of her are great!!

Gooooooooooooooo FiFi and DEE !!!

Hugs to my 2 ladies, Pat 

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Sarah Pritchard

2399 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/21/2009 12:08:28 PM
Bonjour Georgios,

How lovely.

Three Celtic heroines together.

I'm glad that they aren't all frightening and brandishing spears!

I love both of these ladies, Fionnuala & Dee, and have business dealings with them both. They are a pleasure to work and communicate with.

Thank you for featuring them.

Angel cuddles,

Sarah
Angel Cuddle Cafe Empowering You to Live with Ease in Love, Joy and Abundance Angel Cuddle Publishing Angel Cuddle Trails Click here with your ghostwriting needs
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!