Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Vessie Hartzog

732 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Australia's grief. REMEMBER
2/12/2009 1:58:12 AM
Thank you Roger!

To all of Australian people!!!!

I know how scary and difficult  this could be, living in Southern  California, where the fires feel at home couple times per year,

Bless you
Vessie

+0
Rinna Rani

5162 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/12/2009 7:04:49 AM
Hi Roger, Greetings!  Bless you for doing this.  You are such a kind thoughtful person.

My prayers goes out to all the Australians that is facing a very tough time now.  May the LORD pour his blessings and love and may HE keep each and everyone of you safe.

I pray that the worst will be over soon.

GOD BLESS EVERYONE!

Love, Rinna
+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/12/2009 2:07:22 PM

Hi Roger,

God will bless you for this.  It is such a sad time for our Australian friends.

Thank you.

To ALL of my Austrailian friends and to all Australians, my heartfelt prayers are going out for you every day.  May God be with you and spare you all from further loss of lives and property. 

God Bless,

Judy

+0
Gerri Decher

718 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/12/2009 8:52:20 PM
Hi Roger and Everyone,
Thank you for all of your good wishes and caring. I was in the middle of moving house when the floods hit us here in north Queensland and for the past two weeks have been isolated with the road into where I am now living flooded and all the phonelines down. We have just connected wireless so am now back online. We have had no major damage to homes here where I live, the worst is a bit further north in the Ingham area.....  http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/gallery/0,23816,5037202-17382-20,00.html

The flooding has affected over a million sq klms, but nothing compared to the horrific fires in southern Australia and the terrible loss of life, which now stands at over 170.  It is overwhelming and no words can convey how we are all feeling.

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/02/bushfires_in_victoria_australi.html

I am so proud to be an Aussie, last night the Aussie Spirit of ordinary Australians raised over 75 million dollars in a national Red Cross Appeal telethon to help all the bushfire victims.

There's scant good news from the fire front but this pic took my breath away in its simple message of love and care.

The fire fighter's name is Mr Tree. The report reads:

"Mr Tree said he was surprised by the reaction to the photograph, which was snapped by a fellow CFA volunteer on a mobile phone.

He said he was in the middle of backburning at Mirboo North when he saw the stricken koala.

"I could see she had sore feet and was in trouble, so I pulled over the fire truck. She just plonked herself down, as if to say 'I'm beat'," he said.

"I offered her a drink and she drank three bottles.

"The most amazing part was when she grabbed my hand. I will never forget that."

Here is a video link  to the story.

Once again, thank you Roger and Everyone who has posted here, knowing you care is heartfelt.

Many Thanks, Gerri

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/13/2009 2:36:27 AM

Gerri,

Thank you for contacting me in such dreadful circumstances.

It is strange that when things descend upon us it seems that it comes from all directions.

Your friends here have been worried about you.

We are thinking of you.

It doesn't matter how bad things are, there really is somebody worse.

That Koala has had a huge impact. Strange but we turn off our human bits of sympathy having run out and then a little critter comes along.

Thank you so much again.

I'll spread the news.

Roger

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!