Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
It's Time to Congratulate JUDY SMITH, the 175th POTW Winner!!
2/11/2009 11:15:59 AM

Judy Smith is the winner of the 175th POTW, no tie this week!! 

CONGRATULATIONS, JUDY SMITH:

http://community.adlandpro.com/go/jnsmith/

I am positive, healthy, active and successful.  I'm 61, love God,  family, friends, having fun and playing with my grandchildren.  I love life. 

I am the product of a corporate salesman father who travelled a great deal and a stay at home Mom, who prior to having children was a secretary to the President of Campbell’s Soup.  I was raised on the "Main Line of Philadelphia" in Wayne, PA. which is in the Philly suburbs, with my 2 brothers and 2 sisters.  

I married, at a young age (by today's standards) and was blessed with 2 beautiful sons - only 14 months apart, I might add - Oh what FUN that was!  I was the victim of an abusive marriage, which ended after 10 years - And, then, I was a SINGLE MOM!  Reflections on the years that followed are bitter-sweet, but the good Lord walked with me - and carried me through it making me stronger and wiser with every challenge along the way!

So many years have passed since then.  AND, WE MADE IT!  It wasn't all perfect and beautiful.  It was always interesting, challenging and at times frustrating and I'll even go so far as to use the word SCARY, and here we all are on the other end, and all is well. I thank God daily for giving me the strength to get though some of those years!!  I thank Him too for the friends who were so supportive, always willing to lend a hand and be there if I needed them.  When I think back, I remember only the fun times and the good times and the blessing of two wonderful guys!

Before the boys graduated from High School and started off to college, I made a decision to go back and get my degree and I graduated from Immaculata College in Malvern, PA only 3 months prior to my oldest son starting at Pitt.  Wheww!  Then there was a period of 3 years where I had 2 of them in college simultaneously, YIKES!

When I was in my early 30’s, I decided to go into business for myself and spend a whole lot of years in the retail and rental business.  In 2000 I retired, sold the businesses.  It was a 24/7/365 proposition and I had had it!  Though I do miss the people, I have never for one moment missed the feeling of being OWNED by a business.

MY RETIREMENT LASTED a whopping 5 MONTHS!  After all the work around the house that had been neglected for so long was taken care of, I GOT BORED, and I did the only thing I could do, what I had been "conditioned" to do- I went back to WORK. 

I remarried over 20 years ago and am blessed with a best friend and companion beyond anything I ever believed possible.   At 61 years old, I am fun loving GRANDMOM!  I have my wonderful hubby, and 5 terrific and beautiful grand children. Working for someone else has been a whole new challenge.  When the grandchildren started entering the picture, they presented a huge incentive to be at home with a great husband who is retired.  I intend to have the time and the opportunity to spend time with him and the little ones.  

A passion and passtime of mine is Mother Nature, birds and bird watching. Years ago, I was given a bird feeder as a gift.  It was love at first site as I began what would be a lifelong hobby. I created a backyard habitat and have been an avid bird watcher and lover ever since.  I built an ecommerce website 
"BIRD ESSENTIALS.COM"
 where I sell nothing but bird feeders, bird housees and baths and binoculars.  Building it was a challenge for me, and I have learned so much. It has been an exciting and rewarding process and I am now turning my efforts toward marketing the website, though I must admit that I am finding that more difficult than building the site.  

I really never have an idle minute.  I still occasionally do some accounting and consulting to the retail industry.  When time permits, I am in the process of building another website (glassartetc.com) and I have recently gotten the bug to work at the internet again and have started promoting My Power Mall and Green Wiz.  They have both been paying me for a long time, so I just figured with a little work.....? 

Please visit my blogs:

LIKE AN EAGLE SOAR!

And

LIKE AN EAGLE- SOAR

There's more on Judy's "About Me" page linked from her profile! 

Sara Blow: (7th from last Nominator)

Sara's Profile: http://community.adlandpro.com/go/itsmesgb/

http://www.sagariexpressions.com

Alain Deguire: ("10th" from last Nominator, Myrna graciously allowed the next person after her to have this space!)

Alain's Profile: http://community.adlandpro.com/go/385545/

Just imagine - you wake up and it’s Your Birthday!  You get up, switch on your PC and check your mail - and there are thousands of emails from friends who have sent you cash!  It’s not a dream - it really can happen! With Birthday Bonus Club (BBC) Just check it out at... http://www.birthdaybonusclub.com/alayana

I will add the banner to the top later if I can get the banner-making site to open! 

Thanks everyone who made nominations!  You REALLY ARE the magnetic core of Adlandpro Community.  The "odds" of getting a Nominator Of The Week ad was higher than 10% this week! 

Please visit the FRIENDS OF POTW FORUMS and find out how YOU can get YOUR FORUM listed here!  THANKS!! http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/1187238.aspx

+0
Dimitra Bravou

1603 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: It's Time to Congratulate JUDY SMITH, the 175th POTW Winner!!
2/11/2009 11:22:47 AM

CONGRATULATIONS
JUDY

Congratulations too to the Nominators of the Week, Sara and Alain.

Blessings,

Dimitra

+0
Luka Babic

1031 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/11/2009 11:29:58 AM

THANKS KATHLEEN AND THOMAS! How fantastic picture: TRIO FANTASTICO !!!

Hi Sara and Alain! Congrats for the passionate nominators should be followed by one amazing TANGO :

((youtube id="5E4mBoGX6Dw"))((/youtube))

AND FOR OUR DEAR QUEEN

((youtube id="aIrCFrFpHvw"))((/youtube))

CONGRATULATIONS JUDY!!!

Have much fun and enjoy your reign!

Luka - ALSO for my absent Mom

+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/11/2009 11:39:55 AM

Thank you Kathy, and my congratulations to the Nominators of the Week, Sara and Alain!!

Dimitra,

Many thanks for the beautiful cup of flowers and your congratulations.  It is as much an honor and priveledge the second time around as it was the first.

Hugs!!!

Judy

+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/11/2009 11:41:01 AM

Dimitra!!!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!