Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
The Most Awsome Artist Willard Wigan
2/3/2009 10:33:46 AM

"Willard Wigan was born in Birmingham, England in 1957 and is the creator of the smallest works of art on earth. From being a traumatised and unrecognised dyslexic child, he is now emerging as the most globally celebrated micro-miniaturist of all time and is literally capable of turning a spec of dust into a vision of true beauty."

Ship on a crystal

Painstakingly fashioned from gold, specs of dust, precious gems, droplets of glue and paint along with numerous other materials including eyelashes and spiders webbing, each artwork is living proof of the power of belief.

The Statue of Liberty in the eye of a needle

It's unpredictable how long this talent will last, but ultimately his unique and exclusive creations will outlive him for generations to come, as national treasures like a priceless Rembrandt or Picasso.

Cast of Peter Pan on a fish hook

The Thinker on a pinhead

Willard Wigan's mini Obama sculpture: Mr Wigan said he worked nearly 18 hours a day for seven weeks in a cupboard to create the sculpture

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: The Most Awsome Artist Willard Wigan
2/3/2009 8:38:32 PM

Dear Jan,

I agree, Willard Wigan is awesome. I recently saw some of his artwork and it impressed me as fabulous. Thank you for featuring him here.

Thank you so much too for starting this thread as it has brought fresh inspiration to my forum. Lately I did not have the time to create new threads because the format I was using required a lot of research from my part, but now I could use this cool approach of yours (if you don't mind of course) to feature some good modern artists like Mr Wigan.  

Thank you again,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo  

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Branka Babic

2716 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/11/2009 1:18:52 AM

Hi Jan and Luis Miguel,

Just have found this great presentation, thank you very much!

Beautiful, and meaningful.

Blessings,

Branka

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/13/2009 12:21:56 PM

Dear Branka,

Thank you very much for visiting this thread and posting. As you know, all the merit for this presentation was Jan's, I only thanked her for bringing Willard Wigan "small" great art to my attention and that of this forum's visitors. It certainly was a great idea. But you are so right, Mr Wigan art is really beautiful and meaningful.

Thanks again,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
RE: The Most Awsome Artist Willard Wigan
10/1/2009 9:05:08 PM

I see some of the graphics did not make the transition to the new community format; however, the link survived.

Fortunately I saved some of the graphics

Snow White Snow White and Seven Dwarfs

Statue of Liberty Statue of Liberty

Willard Wigan

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!