Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Another Short Fibromayalgia Article From the Healthy Back Institute
1/22/2009 9:52:15 PM

Fibromyalgia

What is it?

Nobody knows. That's why they call it a syndrome, which is the worst possible scenario for someone with pain--no clear diagnosis. You see, fibromyalgia (FM) is just a collection of signs and symptoms that can change from day to day. But fibromyalgia can be severe, and it can take its toll anywhere on the body. It can also be an underlying cause of neck and back pain.

What causes it?

In a word: imbalances. These imbalances can occur in our stress levels, hormone levels, and nutritional levels. They also manifest themselves through inconsistent sleep patterns and the body's inability to clear metabolic waste. Muscle imbalances can adversely affect your posture, which can lead to neck and back pain. Other causes of fibromyalgia include psychological factors, trauma, surgical procedures, and even the silent epidemic of Lyme's disease.

How is your condition diagnosed?

There is no set of diagnostic symptoms that clearly indicates FM, so it is usually given a clinical diagnosis by your physician. If you suspect you are suffering from FM, it is best to seek out a rheumatologist who is an expert in fibromyalgia.

What are the symptoms?

The classic symptoms are chronic and systemic pain and tenderness, fatigue, muscle spasm, weakness in the extremities, and sleep disturbances. There is a long list of additional symptoms, and it should be understoood that each person will experience any or all of these symptoms differently. The extent and severity will also depend on the individual.

What are the most common treatments?

By far, the most common treatment is medication, including antidepressants, antiseizure drugs, and sleeping pills. There are also non-drug treatments such as physical exercise and water therapy, as well as many of the modalities that use hot packs and ultrasound. Stimulating blood flow using massage or a hot tub has also shown to be beneficial.

Why do traditional treatments fail?

Most traditional treatments fail to provide quality relief because they merely address the symptoms and fail to address the cause of the condition. Unless the cause is fully understood, trying to get rid of the problem becomes a guessing game. One thing is certain: no treatment has been found to be the "one thing that works for everyone."

Which treatments work best?

Fibromyalgia is by far the most complicated and misunderstood condition associated with chronic pain and most people get the best results when they combine multiple treatment approaches together.

The first is making sure you get the very best and most up to date information you can on the condition, including your own experimentation with what you can tolerate and what works best for you. There maybe some missing links in your treatment plan so never stop learning and trying new things.

Second, you may have never heard of this point of view but Fibromyalgia is a vitality issue and consideration into environmental toxins, controlling Oxidative stress and Systemic Inflammation, drinking clean water, changing your eating habits and having a spiritual guide should be the basics of your program.

Every one with Fibromyalgia has Trigger Points and everyone should have a way to administer self trigger point Therapy everyday to them self, immediately followed by and combine with Muscle Balance Therapy to restore balance and proper function of the muscles and joints.

Inversion Therapy is a viable option for Fibromyalgia suffers based on the many overall healthy benefits it has been shown to help with, just to mention a few improved circulation, stress reduction, improved range of motion as well as spinal decompression.

Learn to take time for your self and relax, with the use of far-infrared heat, it can help immensely, it is deep penetrating and dramatically improves the blood flow to the area in question for very quick relief and improved range of motion.

+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Another Short Fibromayalgia Article From the Healthy Back Institute
1/23/2009 2:44:34 PM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
1/23/2009 2:58:47 PM
Thanks Donna.  I won some visits to a tanning salon and a short time in the heat is nice.  Just came from there.
Shirley Manion
Shirley Manion MoneyMakers, Shopping, blogs, fun places http://www.connectionsecrets.com/webmasterhelpers Shopping Bargains and Deals Connections http://www.connectionsecrets.com/bargainshopping Your own fun Iggly Biggly business for only $20.00 h
+0
1/24/2009 3:15:39 PM

Hi

Haven't been in your forum for awhile Donna! It's been since May 08 and just returned in Dec, it's nice to be back. I'm happy your still informing everyone with Fibromayalgia. I enjoyed reading the article, thanks to the invite and sharing.

Enjoy the weekend

+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/26/2009 9:31:30 PM
Hi Shirley,

I have heard that heat is good. I have to avoid tanning though because I have had 6 skin cancers removed.

DonnaZ
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!