Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Marisol Sosa

757 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
IN HONOR OF MARTIN LUTHER KING, Jr
1/19/2009 10:11:20 AM
MARTIN LUTHER KING, Jr. QUOTES I just want to do God's will. --Martin Luther King, Jr. To be a Christian without prayer is no more possible than to be alive without breathing. ---Martin Luther King, Jr. Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase. --- Martin Luther King, Jr If man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live. -- Martin Luther King Jr. Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. --- Martin Luther King, Jr. That old law about 'an eye for an eye' leaves everybody blind. ---Martin Luther King, Jr. Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. --Martin Luther King, Jr. Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal. ---Martin Luther King, Jr. An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law. --Martin Luther King, Jr. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. --- Martin Luther King, Jr. Law and order exist for the purpose of establishing justice and when they fail in this purpose they become the dangerously structured dams that block the flow of social progress. ---Martin Luther King, Jr. Whatever your life's work is, do it well. A man should do his job so well that the living,the dead, and the unborn could do it no better. --- Martin Luther King, Jr. The first question which the priest and the Levite asked was: If I stop to help this man, what will happen to me? But... the good Samaritan reversed the question: If I do not stop to help this man, what will happen to him? --- Martin Luther King, Jr. Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend. --- Martin Luther King, Jr. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. --- Martin Luther King, Jr. I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. ----Martin Luther King, Jr. Cowardice asks the question, 'Is it safe?' Expediency asks the question, 'Is it politic?' But conscience asks the question, 'Is it right?' And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but because conscience tells one it is right. --- Martin Luther King, Jr. The time is always right to do what is right. --- Martin Luther King, Jr.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!