Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Rinna Rani

5162 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Another Article on Fibromyalgia Being a Real Disease
1/30/2009 7:57:41 AM
Hi Donna,
Correct me if I am wrong but in US, there is an advertisement or open conversation by Doctors to not trust alternative therapy?

If so, instead of helping patients, they are cutting down on opportunities.

Very sad....

Love,
Rinna
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/4/2009 11:02:14 PM

Hi Rinna,

I do know that fibromyalgia is found in quite a few higher numbers in women than in men, although some men do have it as well.

There seems to be a lot of stress for many people in these hard times, and that can make a lot of illnesses and syndromes worse.

DonnaZ

+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/4/2009 11:06:18 PM

Hi again Rinna,

Yes, unfortunately there are not a lot of doctors who practice alternative medicine. They tend to prescribe medications for most complaints. They do not usually refer people to chiropractioners, massage therapists, etc.

I have never had doctors ask me how much I exercise, do I take dietary supplements, do I go to a chiropractor or massage therapist, etc.

We have to be proactive and seek alternative therapies on our own.

DonnaZ

+0
Rinna Rani

5162 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/8/2009 1:19:27 AM
Hi Donna dear,
We see each other again ;)  Hahahaha, thank you for the reply.

I agree with you on your knowledge on Fibromyalgia.  Yes, stress seems to be the destroyer but its not a disease.  All this comes from one and only - acidosis.  Once a person developes acidosis, it even impacts thinking and clarity of mind that starts developing diseases such as stress, etc.

You can do this to help put stress at bay - sit on a chair, your back straight up, your palms flat on your thighs.

Close your eyes and put your focus on your forehead, focus on your eyes, focus on the tip of your nose, focus on your lips, focus on your throat, focus on your upper chest and finally focus on your heart.  Feel the heart beat.

While you do this take a deep breath in and out.  There should be no stops in between the breathing.  Do simple breathing first then take deeper ones.  While you do this, continue to focus on slowing your heart rate.

Once done, open your eyes and see how you feel.  Let me know how it works out.

Lots of love,
Rinna

+0
Rinna Rani

5162 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/8/2009 1:28:13 AM
Hi Donna,
Greetings again!  I am going to build a tent in your forum and stay here ;)  Thank you for the opportunity to share.

Oh so its true.  I can understand why the doctor's do that because if alternative therapies work, the doctor's will actually loose their source of income.  If  a person is less sick, they don't need to see a doctor and the price of seeing a doctor or needing an operation is a bomb.

I can understand how it feels when a person does not care.  If they actually care more for the patient rather than the money, it will be more worthwhile for both parties.

Donna, I think what you say about being proactive is very true.  There is no harm in seeking alternative therapies and if they help, its much better.

Thanks for sharing.

Love,
Rinna

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!